Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xr7ator

Thread: Black garret vs carrot..

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2016
    50 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Black garret vs carrot..

I have and “ original” black Garrett pinpointer..
    thinking of getting a carrot.. what is the advantage of the carrot over the older black one?
    Thanks

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    1536 times
    I have both and the carrot can run silent. That and it is supposed to be waterproof to 10 feet. The carrot has 6 settings. 3 with speaker and 3 without. The third setting in either speaker or silent has the furthest depth. I'd guess setting #2 is about the same as the original black one. The button is hard plastic, not soft rubber. I had two buttons on the original black one break on me.
    I like them both but if you need to be quiet, the carrot.
    Watch out for copies made in china.

HH ALL!
    Blkcloud likes this.

us
    Ozarkshunter

Aug 2014
    Southwest Missouri
    white's mxt pro and fisher cz-21
    7 times
    Me and my son both have the Carrot. We use them in the water about 75 percent of the time. Both have leaked and 1 is ruined. I put the twist cap on soo tight that I am the only 1 who can open them, sometimes I have to use channel locks to get them off. Just thought I might warn you. With that said, I haven't contacted Garrett about it yet.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    3494 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkshunter View Post
    Me and my son both have the Carrot. We use them in the water about 75 percent of the time. Both have leaked and 1 is ruined. I put the twist cap on soo tight that I am the only 1 who can open them, sometimes I have to use channel locks to get them off. Just thought I might warn you. With that said, I haven't contacted Garrett about it yet.
    I wore through the tip of mine and the button rubber and my back seal never leaked. You might want to contact garrett, as that sounds off. also over tightening is not usually the solution with waterproofing stuff, which also if you have to do that is why I would contact garrett.

us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II with Bigfoot, Equinox 600
    1391 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I don’t have the black version but have used the orange one. It can run both audio and silent. I prefer silent with vibrations but it does emit audio both when turning it on and again turning it off. The orange is easier to spot when it gets dark but I am starting to tether my pinpointer so as not to leave it behind accidentally. When the battery starts getting weak the orange one acts erratically. I recently had erratic performance and nonperformance even with a new battery so it is currently being checked out by Garrett. All the best to you. thanks
    The detector is my stethoscope to the earth, discovering the heartbeat of the past, to breathe new life into artifacts for us and the future.....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links