Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm considering a new pinpointer and I'm thinking about the F Pulse. I currently have a Garret black that works fine but not too strong. I tried a Garret carrot and it is much better than what I now have. The feature that makes me consider the F Pulse is the ability to work in a mineralized environment.

I have search around a bit and all the info I've seen is months old and there have been several issues. Have these been addressed? Any current info will be appreciated.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two cents cryptocurrency, if it was not right do you think they would continue to sell them? I bought a Tek-Point and have not seen the problems some have complained about. As i said, you have to go through the menu a few times to get familiar with it. One thing you will find out in a hurry is if you have any metal nearby. My guess that is where some of the problems are occurring--their detector, digging tool, etc. will cause it to sound off from a long ways away. It's disbelief at first at how far it will detect. Most targets it will detect before digging.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi any FPulse you buy new now will the the “2.0” new version. There were falsing problems on the first bersion that have been worked out. You can see one of the version one videos on my youtube ch. Fisher contacted me after watching and sent me a version two. Much better and issues seem to be gone. One thing to keep in mind is that it will work well and be the deepest PP you have ever used but if you are using a multi freq machine its gonna be tough. It is a very powerfull PP and drives my equinox nuts because of the multi freq, same with the ctx. If you are using a single freq machine you should be fine. I have been using the profind 35 that discriminates iron. Both are great PP’s but the Profind 35 seems to be made to handle multi freqs and is very stable.

Hope this helps :) HH

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Hi any FPulse you buy new now will the the “2.0” new version. There were falsing problems on the first bersion that have been worked out. You can see one of the version one videos on my youtube ch. Fisher contacted me after watching and sent me a version two. Much better and issues seem to be gone. One thing to keep in mind is that it will work well and be the deepest PP you have ever used but if you are using a multi freq machine its gonna be tough. It is a very powerfull PP and drives my equinox nuts because of the multi freq, same with the ctx. If you are using a single freq machine you should be fine. I have been using the profind 35 that discriminates iron. Both are great PP’s but the Profind 35 seems to be made to handle multi freqs and is very stable.

Hope this helps :) HH

You wrote, "that it will work well and be the deepest PP you have ever used"

Deepest? Nope, but my first was deeper and it was Gen 1 F-Pulse, did go deeper than any with 360 degree detection. Second Gen replacement First Texas sent me???, just plain depth, similar to the Garret Carrot, which I already own. First Texas simply said your's is within spec Sir at 30% less depth, goodbye."

To add, I told them my depths I got from my first F-Pulse, 3.25 on dimes, 5 inches on nickels. They answered, "We know of some hotter units off of the production line, bit that's not normal. We will look for one hotter and send you one, and you can send yours back." That was 6-8 months ago.

Nobody should trust FT for pure, sincere honesty on this pointer, assuming that some users really are now continuing to state the pulse rules on depth. Both can't be truth. They have my warranty registration and should have the record of my phone calls. Why'd FT forget about me, and what should we take away from that?

No followup, what's that tell you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody should trust FT for pure, sincere honesty on this pointer, assuming that some users really are now continuing to state the pulse rules on depth. Both can't be truth. They have my warranty registration and should have the record of my phone calls. Why'd FT forget about me, and what should we take away from that?
[/COLOR]

And that is why I am asking actual users for their experiences.

Iffy, I'm using an AT Pro and a CZ 21. How far away does it cause interference?

Thanks for the input. I think I will give one a try. At any case it should be better than my old Garret.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Be sure to use solid, alkaline batteries. The F-Pulse "limps" on rechargeable or low drain type batteries. Being it is a pulse induction, it's logical that it needs "oomph" in a power source. Also, shake the pointer after you install batteries and listen for any rattle. My second, new Pulse was DOA in the field after a 30 minute drive to hunt, and I found the batteries were intermittent, due to lame spring compression.

I've not had good luck with my two. Since then, I stretched the spring myself, and put a layer of scotch tape around each cell to keep the batteries snug inside. One of the rubber side-guide cushions were missing from the factory chamber.

Very inept quality control. You'd think that ANY manufacturer of a product would never ship a replacement to a customer who has had one bad unit...WITHOUT streamlining the replacement, 110 PERCENT before shipping.

I would still enjoy First Texas either replacing mine again, or giving me a full refund. They just went silent, "dark territory." That is why I continue to amplify all of my grief about FTexas, and always will. "Power of the pen."

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the White's TRX? I use mine with multifrequency machines without issue.

OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the White's TRX? I use mine with multifrequency machines without issue.
No I haven't. I don't know anyone that has one. How do they handle mineralized soil or water?

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't mean to necro this thread (and I didn't feel like a brand new thread was warranted), but I'd also like to know if the F-Pulse glitches have been addressed.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't mean to necro this thread (and I didn't feel like a brand new thread was warranted), but I'd also like to know if the F-Pulse glitches have been addressed.

I have a "revised" 2nd Gen. It's a falsing mess. I actually gave it the name F-False. There's a reason why most people stick with the Garrett Carrots.

I called and talked to someone from First Texas about my issues and honestly the guy was far from an expert on his product. He kept repeating things to me that should have zero effect on my issues and eventually told me to turn down the sens. of the pinpointer.....well, there goes that super depth! I'd like a refund or credit also but that is wishful thinking.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard the revised firmware/software fixed the glitches, but reduced its sensing range which was its primary advantage over competitors, from what I gather.

Sounds like the second generation is either fixed, but has reduced range or has still got the sensitivity, but still glitches a lot.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the first version and it has locked up three or four times. I guess if you start it when the tip is next to metal it will overload. Anyway, I found out it I just shake it a couple times (lengthwise), the batteries compress the contact spring and disconnect on the other (positive) end for an instant. That's it and it's back working again less than five seconds. No need to remove the batteries. Don't be too rough with it, just enough so you can hear/feel the batteries move a bit.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard the revised firmware/software fixed the glitches, but reduced its sensing range which was its primary advantage over competitors, from what I gather.

Sounds like the second generation is either fixed, but has reduced range or has still got the sensitivity, but still glitches a lot.
I’m not sure why one would need super depth with a pin pointer as that increased depth makes it harder to locate the target. If I set the Garrett Carrot to its maximum depth then I find it going off way before I get close enough to locate where in the hole the item is. This increases my digging time.

OP
OP
Bayoutalker

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure why one would need super depth with a pin pointer as that increased depth makes it harder to locate the target. If I set the Garrett Carrot to its maximum depth then I find it going off way before I get close enough to locate where in the hole the item is. This increases my digging time.
I like having the extra depth to confirm a shallow target before I start to dig. It's especially handy when using a probe to pop out a target. After that I can detune it to make the final pinpoint if necessary.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Agreed. Never understood the whole "depth" thing with a pinpointer. I can tell how deep a target is by my machines audio and pinpoint response. Then, I just adjust plug depth to what I hear.

MCH

Greenie
Jan 6, 2019
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800 & 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my F-Pulse for over a year. It is deep - especially at the point. I had to stretch out the contact spring once or twice. It also likes fresher batteries. When the batteries start to get weak it can get quirky. I pinpoint with it before digging and it marks the exact spot for over half my targets. I like a deep pinpointer. I would definitely buy another.

Last edited:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sold mine quickly. Didn’t like how it would pulse when in contact with the target, where it should blend into a solid tone at contact. So you could never tell how close you were to your target.

Knipper

Jan 21, 2005
Rochester, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II Troy Shadow X-5
I discovered that much of the erratic behavior is due to the battery spring in the cap becoming compressed and making intermittent contact. I stretched the spring in the cap and it solved all falsing problems. It's now super stable. The new "R2" versions have changed the spring configuration in the cap and this is an improvement, but don't give up on the "first issued" units until you try to stretch the spring a bit. It just might be the problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread