Picked up a back-up for my older White's Bullseye II

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My trusty old-style Bullseye II has stopped vibrating. She's still able to sound off just fine but can't shake it like she used to. ;) I'm going to take her apart tomorrow to see if there's anything I can do.

When the Bullseye first started to act up, I realized I don't have a back-up and wouldn't want to detect without a pinpointer. I ordered one of those cheap GP-Pointer-type carrot knock-offs. It is a Pudibe brand and set me back $28.88 at Amazon.

It works exactly as advertised, and very well indeed! Not bad for about one fourth or fifth the cost of a big-name version. I really like the old-style Bullseye II though (the one that looks like a small walkie-talkie) and will look for something similar to replace it when it completely fails (or if I wreck it while trying to repair the vibrate mode).

I still use and enjoy a White's DFX as my #1 detector. The Bullseye II pinpointer, a Predator Piranha shovel and a White's DigMaster tool round out the front-line equipment. My older gear includes a Garret Ace 250, Hori-Hori digging tool and small spade. Finally, with the purchase of the back-up pinpointer, I have two complete sets of gear and can keep a set of stuff in the car all the time.

Happy hunting,
Bob

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might give whites a call, I have a trx that was well out of warranty and started having problems wit it shutting it's self off. They said to send it in about a week and a half it was sent back fixed free of charge You can't beat that for customer service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread