Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By lamarkeiko
  • 1 Post By tokameel
  • 2 Post By lamarkeiko
  • 2 Post By HighVDI
  • 3 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By lamarkeiko

Thread: Garrett Propointer AT questions

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2018
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett ADS III Equinox 800
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Garrett Propointer AT questions

I'm ready to buy my first pin pointer, and from what I've determined researching so far, the Garrett Propointer AT may the one to get. One question I have is, can this pin pointer be used for gold creviceing? The other question I have is I found this one for sale on eBay for $89.45 with accessories and free shipping. That is much cheaper than I found on other detector dealer sites. Is there something to beware of for that price?

Thanks
    Lamar
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    tokameel

May 2012
    Mequon, Wi
    In 1974- White. Now a Garrett Ace 250. 8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
    309 times
    Looking for Error coins from the bank. Update: I can MD using my wheelchair!
    Welcome to T-Net, Lamar.

Use eBay with caution. I've had more bad luck than good.

I use a stud finder from the hardware store. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Zircon-M...2518/202184893

Works great for me. Just $30.
    Good luck,
    tokameel
    A2coins likes this.
    i support little league Roller Ball

You can lead a horse to Washington but you can not make him think.

2 Ys U R, 2 Ys U B, I C U R 2 Ys 4 ME

us
    Dec 2018
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    22 times
    tokameel, I think your right. I looked back at the eBay add for that Garrett Propointer AT pin pointer, and even though everything looked right on the description, it said free shipping from China, and it could be up to 2 months to receive. That's a red flag as far as I'm concerned. By the way, that stud finder as a pin pointer is interesting, but I think I'll stick with the real thing.

Lamar
    A2coins and tokameel like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3721 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarkeiko View Post
    tokameel, I think your right. I looked back at the eBay add for that Garrett Propointer AT pin pointer, and even though everything looked right on the description, it said free shipping from China, and it could be up to 2 months to receive. That's a red flag as far as I'm concerned. By the way, that stud finder as a pin pointer is interesting, but I think I'll stick with the real thing.

Lamar
    Thats the one that says Garrett in the description but its a GP pointer. The Garrett carrot does not come with the lanyard.
    A2coins and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    24418 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Buy the pin pointer from one of our Tnet vendors, you will not be sorry!
    Hawks88, HighVDI and A2coins like this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    22 times
    I got my new Garrett Pro-Pointer AT from Texhoma metal Detectors a little over a week ago, and the first time out with it, it worked great. Found the most coins ever, and saved me much time searching through the dirt looking for my finds. Yesterday, my 2nd time out with it, it was working fine, until something weird started happening. It would go off beeping when I would just rotate the point end downward without being near a metallic target. I kept turning it off and on to see if it would clear up, but no help. I then started thinking that the cheap carbon battery that it came with may be bad, so when I got home I put in a new alkaline battery. That didn't help, so I tried reading through the manual to see if I missed anything. After going through the process of settings as given in the manual it seems to be working now, but I'm not completely confident that there could be an intermittent problem. Has anyone had this experience before.

Lamar
    Bforbis likes this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    22 times
    Went out with my Garrett Pro AT for the 3rd time, and it has been working perfectly now. I don't know if this has made a difference, but every time I turn it on now, I have it touching the ground first where there is no target with my detector.

Lamar

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Quest Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    810 times
    I have seen moister cause that issue, drys up works fine... but the AT pointer should be waterproof....

us
    Jun 2019
    SE Alabama
    BH Quick Draw II,Quick Draw Pro,Harbor Freight 9
    70 times
    Had the GP Pointer for a week now.Tad less than $20. Shipped ! Does a GREAT job! Was skiddish about it at first,watched a veteran Detectorist Video who was tired of paying high prices for a pointer & not lasting long under his constant use! He got the CHEAP GP & said "This Thing Will Not Die!".... LOL !
    So gave it a shot,love it,done air test,just like on the Garret II Pinpointer on Youtube.Well it BEATS IT!
    And just think,can have several backups for the price of one of the High End Ones....
    BTW,All will learn,i don't pony up if i can get same functionality. Like paying for Cable/Sat,nay,not when can watch free.... LOL !

us
    Jun 2019
    West coast Flo Reduh
    Garret AT Pro
    I have had similar issues with my Garett pin pointer. I don’t know if it is operator error or other. I changed battery and will see.
    I can put-tip in water, it will go off like metal object. Any feedback appreciated

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links