Pro-Find 35 Problem

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having a weird problem with the Pro-Find 35 pinpointer. Whenever I put it in a hole to pinpoint once it gets a signal it turns itself off. This happens almost every time. Its like an overload or something. Yet it doesn't happen when I pinpoint something not in the hole. Any help would be much obliged.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought a Profind 35 about 3 weeks ago and after installing the battery that Minelab included, it wouldn't even turn on. I have heard others talk about problems with the cheap battery that is included with the pinpointer . I have always had good luck with Energizer Max batteries in any of the pinpointers I have used through the years. Hopefully your problem is the battery as well. I also remove my battery from the pinpointer after each hunt as to keep the pressure off of the terminal springs when not in use.

OP
OP
ripvanb

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies! I will replace the battery that came with it and see if that helps.

Digger Dude

Mar 13, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 35 is only about 3 weeks old and it keeps alerting on target and continues after I move it away from the target. I have to power it down to stop alerting. Also, the 35 has shut down on its own a few times. I installed a new Duracell when I received it, never used the non-alkaline battery that came in the box.

OP
OP
ripvanb

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I replaced the battery the Pinpointer came with and that fix the problem. Why would they include such a garbage battery?

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I replaced the battery the Pinpointer came with and that fix the problem. Why would they include such a garbage battery?

Minelab probably got a sweet deal on those junk 9V batteries which allows them to advertise "free battery included". They didn't state that it would be a good 9V battery though.:laughing7:

Glad to hear your Profind is working.:icon_thumright:

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Why did they even design it to run off a 9V battery instead of a built in lithium (like the Equinox) or AA batteries? When a company designs a device to run off a 9V battery in the 21st century, you have to question their business judgment.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My 35 is only about 3 weeks old and it keeps alerting on target and continues after I move it away from the target. I have to power it down to stop alerting. Also, the 35 has shut down on its own a few times. I installed a new Duracell when I received it, never used the non-alkaline battery that came in the box.

DixieDigger67, mine started this too. Did you fix it? Thx

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab probably got a sweet deal on those junk 9V batteries which allows them to advertise "free battery included". They didn't state that it would be a good 9V battery though.:laughing7:

Glad to hear your Profind is working.:icon_thumright:

"They didn't state that it would be a good 9V battery though?" ROFL Great line.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m not too impressed with the Profind thus far, but it gets the job done.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fixed my issues, just got a garret and keep the minilab for a loaner or back up.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask the same question. I've had mine a couple years now. It beeps the same with trash as treasure and it kills the battery much quicker than my carrot. I carry it as a back up as well.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was going to ask the same question. I've had mine a couple years now. It beeps the same with trash as treasure and it kills the battery much quicker than my carrot. I carry it as a back up as well.

I think the warranty is three years. I sent mine back to minelab and was sent a new one.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am I the only one that thinks the power button is kind of crappy & is way too hard to press? I too prefer my Garrett over this which I never expected.

BTW - I have the Pro-Find 15

joeyandlauren

Greenie
Nov 4, 2019
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites MXT
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same Issues

Bad battery after just a few uses. Replaced it and the power off issue was resolved. Sensitivity can be a challenge at times. If its too high then sometimes it goes off when there's no target. I've just learned to work with it. Overall I'm happy with it. I plan on contacting ML and see if they have any suggestions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread