Minelab ProFind 35 interferes with detectors

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites TRX runs at 12.. use it with my deus in 14k without any problems.

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites TRX runs at 12.. use it with my deus in 14k without any problems.
I notice you list an F75 in your equipment. How does the TRX do around that detector?

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice you list an F75 in your equipment. How does the TRX do around that detector?

Hi Rob, not sure no longer have the F75. Was using the carrot at that time and it was fine

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of pin pointers and detectors will talk to each other if they're close enough. I got used to pointing my detector coil away from where I'm using the pin pointer. No issues now.

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered a Mars Pinpointer. Anxious to see how it does, should be here one day next week. Appreciate the feedback here. The price on the Mars was right ($90.00)

bullnose

Jan 21, 2019
Clinton County Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had issues at first with my F-pulse setting off my Equinox. At the suggestion of others, I do a noise cancel at start up with the F-pulse on. That seems to take care of the problem. I'm not familiar with your machines so I don't know if they have a noise cancel function like the Equinox.

It also helps to angle the coil away from the hole while you've got the pin pointer on.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pro find 35 has anti interference and should not be herd by your detector, might want to give Mine Lab a shout, I use the 35 and have never herd a single chatter because of my pointer, you might have a warranty issue, no other pointer has the anti interference if memory serves me right...

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Minelab ProFind 35 and find that it interferes with my XP ORX and Teknetics T2 SE.
It's a good pinpointer but is really irritating me with this interference it creates with these detectors.
What is a decent pinpointer that doesn't interfere with detectors running in 13-14khz?

Pretty much any pinpointer can interfere with any detector. The frequencies of both the pinpointer & the detector have some amount of variation so it's a statistical-odds thing. Usually the odds are they won't interfere, but they can. That's why one person with a T2+Profind sees interference, while another doesn't.

The Pro find 35 has anti interference and should not be herd by your detector, might want to give Mine Lab a shout, I use the 35 and have never herd a single chatter because of my pointer, you might have a warranty issue, no other pointer has the anti interference if memory serves me right...

This doesn't affect run-time interference. It prevents coil coupling when the pinpointer is turned off. Mostly useful for people using PI detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions