Has a home tried the Dr. Otek pinpointer?

MichaelDigger

Jul 7, 2019
TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had been reviewed cheap pinpointers a few months ago. As for me, one of the best pinpointers was RM Ricomax, next Kuman.

RM Ricomax is very similar to Dr.Otek but better and has more positive customers reviews.

If you can expand your budget more, better to buy brand name pinpointer. It will have more useful features and will serve you longer.

jebainbridge

Jul 8, 2019
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Dr. Otek and RM Ricomax decent detectors?

OP
OP
A

alba359

Dec 5, 2008
South Louisiana
I saw the Dr. Otek youtube reviews and got one. This is my first pin pointer. Haven't used it in the field yet, but it seems to be decent. I don't know about their metal detectors.

RichieSoprano

Jun 3, 2019
Maine, formerly NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot Bedliner on DD Coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw a vid on you tube showing bout an inch and a half on what looked like a penny maybe almost 2 inches on a bottle top off a beer.

vicvector

Apr 8, 2020
Shasta Lake CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the ForDoc version with audio. (Amazon, I paid $28.89) It is better than nothing but you have to be fairly close for a coin. I mean it works well for the money paid. I'll be saving up for a carrot though. It does work well for finding studs in walls :)

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone tried the Dr.Otek pinpointer. If so,what are your conclusions? They are advertised as being fully submersible in water. They can be purchased for under $60!

The one I got around March of 2020 (just getting around to using it) IS AMAZING!!! I have experience with different pin pointers (the bounty hunter $50 isn't worth buying a 9v battery for, JUNK!).

I can't speak on water proof, it is advertised as such and seems solid, but haven't tried that yet. As for detecting, it pics up very well, has an led steady light and then another led light that goes from red to white the closer you get. 360 degree detection and I am very impressed!

If anyone else has one, do you use the rubber cap or no? I wasn't at 1st as mostly soft dirt/sand here, but started too and notice no impact on detection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread