All Treasure Hunting

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a AT pro pin pointer from China on flea Bay that said it was a copy but came in a Garrett box with Garrett instructions, serial# and Garrett reg paper and Garrett holder. It works fine. For $29 it's a great buy. Garrett has these made in China so I suspect the factory is selling them out under Garrett. I also suspect a lot of sellers are buying these and reselling them for retail. The one I got picks up a dime at 9" air...

I really wanted a tekpoint because only the tip response to metal so you know where the item is but paying $150 is stupid.. The Garrett has 360* so you still know it's in the hole or somewhere on the sides but where? If you want the auction info PM me.

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a AT pro pin pointer from China on flea Bay that said it was a copy but came in a Garrett box with Garrett instructions, serial# and Garrett reg paper and Garrett holder. It works fine. For $29 it's a great buy. Garrett has these made in China so I suspect the factory is selling them out under Garrett. I also suspect a lot of sellers are buying these and reselling them for retail. The one I got picks up a dime at 9" air...

I really wanted a tekpoint because only the tip response to metal so you know where the item is but paying $150 is stupid.. The Garrett has 360* so you still know it's in the hole or somewhere on the sides but where? If you want the auction info PM me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4myUIpBhLM

Your pinpointer is a fake. It was not manufactured for Garrett. Please check out the video.
1 Buyer beware
2 if it looks too good to be true it probably is
3 you get what you pay for

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Garrett pro pointers one has a broken switch and the other one gives me false signals quite a bit. I like the Garrett and may buy the orange carrot the next time. Good luck.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you don't wish to check out the video, I'll summarize:

Real Garrett Carrots weigh 185g with battery installed,
The fake one weighs 155g.

Real Carrots beep twice when turned on,
The fake will chirp three times and is higher pitched

The real thing has a solid tone proximity alert
The fake does not

The real Carrot's serial number on battery cap is laminated and will not rub off
The serial number on the fake rubs off quite easily

Real Carrots include a battery but no lanyard
Fakes include a lanyard but no battery

Sensitivity can be adjusted on the real thing
No sensitivity adjustment on the fake

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv used the chines Garrett and the USA Garrett and Iv used the whites TRX, I currently use the Pro find 35 and it is by fare my favorite....
The Whites TRX takes getting used to, with the tip only detection I found it difficult to find my targets, the Chinese Garrett was like using a cheap toy and it failed after a few weeks, my daughter still uses the USA Garrett and its holding up great...

OP
OP
tonyc10k

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up with a garrett carrott

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the tip only detection, so, I got the TRX. The Garrett AT (carrot) would be my second choice, with the Profind close behind. If you need one for deeper underwater use, the VibraProbe is an excellent choice. It just a bit big and clunky for land use, and has no adjustments of any kind.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Nokta Makro Pointer.