Nokta Pinpointer question.

Jeffhunter

Apr 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used both Nokta pinpointers? I'm trying to decide between the Pulsedive pointer (without coil $101) and the standard, older model($84). I understand the Pulsedive will pair with my Simplex wireless headphones but haven't heard how well this works. Any feedback would be appreciated!

TinmanJones

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeffhunter.
Any updates on this pinpointer?
I just ordered one of them to go along with the Simplex+ I ordered.
I think it will be nice paired with the wireless headphones.
I was just scrolling through the threads here and was curious if you had any updates.
Thanks.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Older model is bulletproof. Take care putting the battery in. Why do you need it to pair? Just use vibrate.

Chub

Stylus

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got pulsdive 2 in 1. Its good. It has IP68. Only thing that i dont like is that it has only 3khz frequency. So i think that is the reason why it does not detect smal gold like earring or even normal goldchain. But i does detect golden ring 14k pretty good and 1g investment gold bar. It matters what are you looking for. In your case (for land digging) i would go to nokta pointer beacuse it is cheaper and still very good and both will do probbaly the same job.

Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot stand Nokta's pinpointer. I have the one that turns into a scuba mini-detector. While the scuba detector function performs wonderfully, it is a hunk piece of crap when you use it in the pinpointer configuration. Its huge, the volume on the beeps is very low, the buttons can be hard to push, and balancing it on mineralized dirt is quite frustrating. The pairing function is cool, but it does not perform very well.

vicvector

Apr 8, 2020
Shasta Lake CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the $84 unit and I love it. Lots of features and 2 point covers included. The buttons on the end don't bother me. I was going to buy a carrot but I have read too many posts about premature failures, etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread