Which Pinpointer

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both but after using the Profind 35, I only use the 35 now, I thought the carrot was the best until I used the 35...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Garrett Black or Orange model work very well. :occasion14:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carrot is the best I've used so far but never used the minelab.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my carrot:icon_thumleft:

JasonJ

Jan 14, 2019
Bay City, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett ACE 400
Pro-Pointer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you have now? If nothing for a pointer, then any is a good answer. I have the pro pointer II that comes in the box with the ACE400, as a beginner to the hobby, I haven't seen an obvious shortcoming yet... My previous being the Harbor Freight pos.

So I think either one would do. Both are high quality and effective units.

Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and would 100% recommend the Garrett Carrot. The Minelab PF35 has a bit thinner diameter so it fits in smaller spots, but it puts off false signals quite often and beeps for no reason. Its hard to tune out mineralization unlike the Garrett PP, which allows for a one touch balance. The one and only special benefit of the PF35 is that it has a special beep for iron, but most of the time you know if its iron before you dig. On the other hand it can help you if your signal is next to sa nail or something. The volume and vibration strength of the PF35 is also quite low, so pinpointing in a windy or noisy environment can be difficult. Overall, the novelty of the "iron audio" does not outweigh the performance, volume, and stability of the Garrett pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions