chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use vibrate on mine and rarely use the sound function. I guess its a good idea. Is it only Nokta doing it at this stage?

chub

OP
OP
S

Sigfla

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta, Garret, and XP I believe all have proprietary wireless solutions but no bluetooth. Minelab the one manufacturer who has BT on the Equinox doesn't have a wireless pinpointer. Seems strange that they and the chinese knock offs haven't come out with a BT option. I guess the clones are good at copying tech but not so much when it comes to innovation.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP has one with their Deus. Most of the newer designed pin pointers are waterproof and blue tooth doesn't work under water. That may be the reason. Having to make several different versions to be compatible with dozens of different detectors may be another. Getting both your headphones and the pin pointer to play together nicely might be something else to figure out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sigfla

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BT is BT. As long as they sync up in BT to any standard headphone they should all work. Now detector compatibility is another issue. With each manufacturer using their own wireless standard it won’t work across the board obviously. However Minelab or any of the knock off makers should be adding a Bluetooth pinpointer to their product line. My headphones allow for multiple devices to sync to a single headset. If I had a pointer as well as my Nox synced up they should work in unison. BT is an easier standard to sync with headphones so a cheaper knock off pointer could add the function and market something unique to users. I wonder if a corded setup on a BT headphone could use both connections? BT for the pointer and standard cord for universal connection to detectors? That way you get both thru the phones

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know but I heard the reason XP does not use bluetooth on the Deus or ORX is because it is way slow--you get a time lag. Now a pinpointer probably doesn't need to transmit much data so it should probably work. I sure know I love the XP MI-6 for the Deus.

OP
OP
S

Sigfla

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My BT headphones I use on my Nox are Aptx LL (low latency). I seriously think they are not using the BT standard just so they force you to buy their wireless headphones. In any case I would love to try a joint audio solution with my PP and Nox thru the headphones. Until someone makes a set I guess I am SOL.

OP
OP
S

Sigfla

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, I just realized there is a solution that’s not too bulky. I could buy the Z link kit from Garret and a 1/4 headphone adapter. I would have to ditch my BT headphones for the Garrets and use a Zlink Pro Pointer. 1 small box attached to my Nox and everything else totally wireless bc the headphones have a built in receiver. Prob cheaper than a ML or knockoff solution that might never happen.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Dr. Frankenstein! :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

Sigfla

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol it may be one of those things that “sound” better than it is in reality. I ran across a forum post where a guy used the Lynk system with his and loved it. I also found another well known YouTube guy who hated hearing his through the headphones and yet another who felt the volume on Minelab machines using Lynk was too low. I dunno bc I admit I have little extended experience detecting. I just bought my first machine this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread