Help with Garrett carrot, saltwater targets - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Help with Garrett carrot, saltwater targets

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    nz
    Dec 2019
    Tauranga
    Garret Pinpointer Pro
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well update, my Ace Garret is toast- I ruined any chance of it working again by trying to open the control panel to let it dry out and some components broke. Regardless, that wasn't going to stop me. I still decided to take the pinpointer out. I finally figured out the ground balance- as suggested here turning it on, holding it to the ground. I then adjust the sensitivity depending on if there is water movement. Lately (or pre-lockdown) I've been dragging it on a string lol. It has actually detected more genuine targets than my ace ever did. I am losing alot of ground but I'm not wasting time digging trash. I primarily do that at the beach. One of my new faves is to detect around rocks and in crevices. I found two large pre decimal nz pennies along with several other coins, a silver baby spoon, an old lock, countless old school nails, etc. So turned lemons into lemonade haha. I'm still on the hunt for a solid beach detector but decided I want something that can really discriminate targets well. Maybe a gold detector or something that has high accuracy. It's much more enjoyable when you dig more fun stuff than pull tabs!!
    RustyGold, devldog, gunsil and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9257 times
    Good job with the pinpointer, LoL! Some interesting finds. Sorry about the loss of the Ace. Thanks for the update and Good luck!
    devldog likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4144 times
    Relic Hunting
    I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your Ace, but now you'll have the excitement of doing research and shopping for that new detector. If I may suggest, watch Utube videos on those units that you are most interested in. Great research tool. Best of luck to you.

us
    Kim

Jul 2017
    RI
    White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II with Bigfoot, Equinox 600
    2063 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Help with Garrett carrot, saltwater targets

I gave up on a deep hole near the water..After about a foot the water kept filling up and sand kept caving in...never did get the good sounding target with my hand scoop. No wonder I like the woods! I give you beach detectorists credit!
    The detector is my stethoscope to the earth, discovering the heartbeat of the past, to breathe new life into artifacts for us and the future.....

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    16656 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by RW View Post
    Equinox 600 is about the best bargain you can get for beach hunting.
    or look for new used - I got a used once like new CZ21 Fisher for $600 on e bay few yrs back did not have a scratch on the coil
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Jun 2013
    Northern Illinois, Fortaleza Brazil
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
    72 times
    I have used the garrett propointer in Brazil beaches in water and holes that fill up with water at shore. What works for me is to stick
    it in the water or wet sand then turn on in water or wet sand and will pinpoint your target. Also if you go out of the country have a backup pointer.
    I learned that the hard way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links