an alkaline 9 volt last a long time in my pin pointer

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you run the vibrator it draws more power. Some people have had problems with the lithium type batteries not working right so I would suggest just use alkailne. They are fairly inexpensive. Costco sells their Kirkland brand which are Duracell and every single one leaks after a while so don't leave them in the machine over the WInter. And rechargeables do not have enough voltage.

Last edited:

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
When you run the vibrator it draws more power. Some people have had problems with the lithium type batteries not working right so I would suggest just use alkailne. They are fairly inexpensive. Costco sells their Kirkland brand which are Duracell and every single one leaks after a while so don't leave them in the machine over the WInter. And rechargeables do not have enough voltage.
I know this is an old thread, but I just thought I'd add that you can now get rechargeable 9v batteries on Amazon (and probably other places) that run a true 9 volts and do not need a battery charger to charge. You just plug a USB-C (phone charger) directly in to the battery. I just bought a 4 pack of 1000 mAh 9V's and put a volt meter on them. They charge up to 9.2V and were about $22 for all 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread