Is there a BEER STEIN EXPERT in the house?

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I just got in around 49 different Beer Steins and I have no clue what I am doing. Need some advice here.

Some are the newer Budweiser steins, but there are a few that look quite old and are made in Germany. Some others are numbered w/COA's. One is Alabaster. I figure the "Red Dog" Beer one isn't all that desirable.

I do know one is called a "Regimental Stein" with some hand painted German military scenes and words on it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Will post pics if needed.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not the cat, but, get us some pic's of what you feel, are the ones ya want looked at.

Can you see through the bottom, of any of them, if holding a falshlight under them? Like with fine porcelin?

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Several of them when you hold the bottom up to a light there is an image of a naked lady. I guess that is a little extra "surprise" for when you kill your beer.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
also look for marks on the inside of the lid. some pewter lids have markings and if any are silver they would be marked.

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Well, I just got through going through all of them. There were 5 or 6 really nice ones - especially the 3 German Regimental Steins made in West Germany. Some of these are outrageously priced on fee-bay, but I estimated them much lower. As bad as I wish it were true, you can't appraise something based on what one nut-job the world over thinks his thing is worth. I would say the 3 I have range from $150.00 - $200.00 a piece. There was also the very first Budweiser Commemorative Stein in there as well, which can range from $50-$100.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread