Is there a BEER STEIN EXPERT in the house?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    16 times

Is there a BEER STEIN EXPERT in the house?

I just got in around 49 different Beer Steins and I have no clue what I am doing. Need some advice here.

Some are the newer Budweiser steins, but there are a few that look quite old and are made in Germany. Some others are numbered w/COA's. One is Alabaster. I figure the "Red Dog" Beer one isn't all that desirable.

I do know one is called a "Regimental Stein" with some hand painted German military scenes and words on it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Will post pics if needed.
    LMAO

us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    8500 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Is there a BEER STEIN EXPERT in the house?

No, not the cat, but, get us some pic's of what you feel, are the ones ya want looked at.

Can you see through the bottom, of any of them, if holding a falshlight under them? Like with fine porcelin?
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    16 times

Several of them when you hold the bottom up to a light there is an image of a naked lady. I guess that is a little extra "surprise" for when you kill your beer.
    LMAO

Apr 2006
    Ventura, CA
    LST
    12 times

also look for marks on the inside of the lid. some pewter lids have markings and if any are silver they would be marked.

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    16 times

Well, I just got through going through all of them. There were 5 or 6 really nice ones - especially the 3 German Regimental Steins made in West Germany. Some of these are outrageously priced on fee-bay, but I estimated them much lower. As bad as I wish it were true, you can't appraise something based on what one nut-job the world over thinks his thing is worth. I would say the 3 I have range from $150.00 - $200.00 a piece. There was also the very first Budweiser Commemorative Stein in there as well, which can range from $50-$100.
    LMAO

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    405 times

Go to your local library and see if they have the "Beer Stein book" (or something to that effect). If not, ask them to look it up on their computer, and when they find it, get an inter-library loan, and check it out - then.......................go to it. Amazon has it for sale, also.

http://www.amazon.com/Beer-Stein-Boo.../dp/0961413034

http://www.beerstein.net/library.asp

Beth

"Irony is the rule"

um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9956 times

I know Mettlach is a good name when it comes to beer steins. This will give you a real world price range on ebay stuff right now. All kinds of collectibles there-
    http://www.collectorsweekly.com/breweriana/steins

Sponsored Links