Please help Identify Bavaria China

MegFields

May 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone provide us with any information regarding this set? This was passed down to us from my grandmother, we do not know if she purchased it, or inherited it. As it will continue to remain in our family, we would also like to know more about it, so that we may pass the information on along with it, & whoever inherits it will know a little about it.
We can't find any information on a China or Porcelain manufacturer by the company name of "Tiara", therefore we also don't even have a ballpark idea of a date range that it may have been made in either. We do know it was made in the Bavaria region of Germany. We have only been able to locate one other image online that had the same "Tiara" Bavaria markings on it, but it also had another stamp next to it that said "H&C Bavaria". At first we thought that maybe H&C Heinrich was the maker of ours too, & possibly that our stamp had been worn off or for some reason ours wasn't stamped. Unfortunately, when looking up the H&C Heinrich Co, it only confused us more because we found many sets that had the H&C stamp alone, & many that had the H&C stamp along with other markings with different names, so it didn't help us to determine who actually made ours, or a possible date range. We have checked with some antique dealers & stores. We have scoured the internet, including replacements.com, Kovels, ChinaMakersAndMarks, etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have been looking for years, not only for information, but also for replacements. We have never been able to find this pattern, or any information about the manufacturer. I do not know how to attach images to this message? Until I figure that out, I can describe the mark as : The word "Tiara" then a 5 pointed crown, & the word Bavaria at the bottom. The set is white, with pink bows attached to pink and blue flowers (roses) with green leaves. There is gold trim on the edges of the dishes as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions