What Is This Japanese Vase?

AlexP7

Greenie
Oct 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if someone can help me this lovely Japanese vase I got at a tag sale recently. I paid under $5.00 for it. It seems to be very nice quality, it is porcelain, it looks to be celadon but I'm not sure. It has a lovely floral design. I'd like to know what it is & when it dates from. Even if it's not valuable I still love it anyway. It's beautiful. There is no damage on it at all. It's about 10.5 inches tall. There is a red mark on the bottom that reads:
Micro Tokyo 1987. What does the large red symbol mean? Of course my first thought was that this meant it was made in Tokyo in 1987 in one of the porcelain factories or something. There was no "Made in Japan" sticker on it at all. Just the mark on the bottom which is unusual. If you look carefully, there is some kind of small blue Japanese mark or signature underneath the large red one, but I can't make it out, but it's definately there under the large red mark. There are two distinct blue characters under the large red seal. But I can't make them out. I'd love to know more about it, when it dates from, etc. Maybe it's from 1987, but I haven't been able to find a single one like it anywhere on the internet. Thanks for any assistance!

005.JPG 006.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread