Help Me Identify My Twin Vases, Imari?

BobIndy

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a pair of what I think are Japanese vases at an estate sale. Both are quite large, 14 inches tall each. They have elaborate floral designs on all sides in bright blue, orange, & gold leaf. They are quite heavy, and the insides are fully glazed too. I think they are somewhat modern, but just confused about the marks. Here is a picture of one of them

010_opt.jpg

The two vases have slightly different marks on the bottom. Both seem to be stamped on. One is identical to this one, without the word "Japan" on the bottom.

52647_799_fullsize[1]_(Small)_opt.jpg

I think this mark means "rong hau jin zhi". But isn't that Chinese? According to gotheberg.com, this mark is of Japanese origin. So why the Chinese characters.

Japanese Imari Porcelain Vase 20th C. from trinityriver on Ruby Lane

Just above is an identical vase to mine with the same mark as my second of the two. Mine has the word "Japan" under it. What do these characters mean, can anyone help? Thanks. Would just like to know if they are Imari.

OP
OP
B

BobIndy

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I figured they were modern. But I'm still confused, were they made in Japan? Who is the maker. What does respectfully made mean?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions