Noritake china stamp

unitone1

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everybody.
I came across Noritake set. I found information on internet regarding that stamp that is was used in 1918. Can anybody please give me more information regarding pattern name, value and rarity.
Thank you.
DSC_1832.JPG DSC_1830.JPG DSC_1828.JPG

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Don’s link says, that mark was registered in 1918 but wasn’t in use until the early 1920s and continued to be used until around 1940. The absence of any pattern number on your pieces (as far as I could see) likely puts them into the earlier part of that period.

‘replacements.com’ simply lists the pattern as “Cobalt Blue” but with an unknown date (note that the pattern numbers they use are for their own stock purposes and not the original Noritake pattern numbers) and they’re not currently in stock, so there is no price indication.

Noritake.jpg

The Noritake company maintains a comprehensive database of know patterns and if you contact them I’m sure they will be able to help (although they won’t comment on value):

https://noritakechina.com/

It seems not to be a common pattern, but that doesn’t make it valuable. Apart from prestigious solo pieces, what most Noritake collectors want is a pattern for which they can readily find other pieces to accumulate a bigger set.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
BTW, The M in the wreath mark was used from around 1914 to 1940. Noritake stopped importing to the United States in 1940. The M stands for Morimura. (The Morimura brothers were early importers of Japanese goods to America.) After the war, several years went by before Noritake started to supply dinnerware to the US again.
Source: Another onliner
Don.......

OP
OP
U

unitone1

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everybody for help and advises.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread