cash for gold

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Link for Cash to Gold ripoff.
http://consumerist.com/5059452/how-to-avoid-getting-ripped-off-by-cash4gold
Ya know when I first saw the commercial for this I thought it was a great idea. By paying a fair price to the customer for the convenience of dropping it into a bag and putting it in the mail and making a profit of say 10-15% this could be a gold mine business (pun intended). But greed, dishonesty and a total lack of ethics are the driving force behind this business (like too many others).

Paul

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the gold prices that people is paying. 10K, 14K, & 18K. in a penny weight. I have some old rings that I have found over the last few years and I was thing about selling them. the closest place that buy gold is over 60 mile either way I go. So would like to know if it worth my time to travel and sell or better to mail it off..Matt

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that a cash-for-gold commercial or a copy-cat company on the super bowl game yesterday?

Ed McMahon was the spokeshole. He says he uses them to buy his gold.

Heard he has really hit the skids out here in tinsel town. Couldn't make the payment on his mortgage and was going to get forclosed, so some other hollwood celeb paid his bills.

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
I have used goldmastersusa.com and was pleased with the results. Check out the website. At least, it is one more option.

Seajay

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
All very interesting.

I have used Midwest in the past and find
it hard to believe that any crap goes on.

Will look into some of the others.

Cash for gold, and many others are a rip off.

all have a good un.
SHERMANVILLE

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one of the blogs written about not liking cash 4 gold someone had a great idea.

It would be just terrible if millions of people were to send in "Refiner's Packs" stuffed full of rocks.

Lets get a bunch of us together from all corners of the US and order these refiners packs and pick a date and all mail them on the same day.

Just need to make sure they can not be tracked back to the sender. Whouldnt it be a hoot if C4G got 100 bags of rocks on the same day. Remember they had to pay the postage.

Better than rocks - fishing weights ;D ;D

bluesalt

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2009
pigiron said:
Having a party seems like a good way to spread and share the wealth around .
I'm not religious but it seems like something Jesus would have done.

Yes, this makes perfect sense. I can seem him now, weighing out old rings and demonstrating tupperware.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions