Does anybody have a game plan for selling your PMs when they go back up?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not yet decided what I will do. Except right now I will buy silver in any form and sit on it.

I have U.S. and foreign silver coins, jewelry, forks, spoons, and a couple of bowls and candlesticks. I flatten the junk as much as I can but my safety deposit box is getting full (and it isn't the small one)

There is a refinery close to me that charges $40 + 7.5% and will pay in silver or cash. For an extra 2% they will pay in silver coins. I am thinking of melting all non-90% (foreign coins and .925) because I would rather pay 7.5% of $10.50 oz than 7.5% of $20-30 oz. No way will I take cash right now.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have lots of silver I plant to sell when it gets back to the 20 level. I have some holdings I plan to keep long term, such as my American Silver Eagles and Ten and One ounce Engelhards and JM bars and rounds. But my 90 and 40 percent and other off brand silver will go if we hit 20 bucks an ounce.

I plan to hold my gold until I die or until I need to sell it to survive. I think silver has a great chance for higher gains percentage wise in the near future, but long term I like gold.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread