As if Cash4gold wasnt bad enough, I just saw a commercial for dollars4gold!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: As if Cash4gold wasn't bad enough, I just saw a commercial for dollars4gold!!!!!

I think they are the same company.
not just to Get those Who don't trust cash for gold.

But to get some that requested their stuff back from Cash for gold
May try them.

Then when they get the same Cheap offer they may believe thats all they can get & Sell to them

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: As if Cash4gold wasn't bad enough, I just saw a commercial for dollars4gold!!!!!

I saw one for GoldKit last night. Same one as CashforGold with a different name.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it's pretty simple to tell if they pay good or not.

If they say on the add they pay Spot price.
or 90% of Spot price, they have to back
that statement up.

If they just say they Buy your gold
They are Covering their Butt's from Legal action.
Because they know people will be upset with the offers.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

If you want the best money for your gold I am someone you should talk too.
you can ebay it and lose %10 in fees. or get about 90%
you can pawn it and lose %30 to %50 or get 50 to 70
you can send it too the cash for gold place and get who knows what.
you can try that midwest place but I have heard some complaints.
Or.
I buy karat scrap direct for up to 95% after testing. 1 ounce minimums please.
Or if I refine it out I pay 98% of the gold contained with in the lot. thats %3 higher than what you will find anywhere. thats based on the chemistry.

At current there is an unquenchable thirst for gold...if priced right.

If you want to test and see who is an honest refiner, here is what you do.

Take your material to be refined. And have a local jeweler or someone who can do welding melt it all into a bar for you, or just a lump. If you dont have a mold a pot with a wet rag or even paper towl can be used to cast into, This will give you an even lump of material.
Take this lump and cut it in half with bolt cutters. Or into more pieces if you want.
All this metal will have the same gold content so long as all the material melted evenly, it will be a consistent alloy.
Send a piece to some different refiners, And dont tell them you send this stuff to others if your testing it, and watch the results.

If you want to force a refiner to be honest, Tell them you send the other half to a different company and are testing them...and watch the results. but dont tell them who your sending too.
Obviously go with who pays you the best and who gives you the best resluts, Follow the Money. People are often very surprized how differnet some of the results can be.

As a general rule the more money a company spends advertising the less they pay. All the gold we source comes from mines direly, or from local pawn shops, and we do extend the offer to refine and test for people on Tnet Although not a great source for gold, there are some on here who have more than they let on.

Also, I am the only refiner in the Country that can take your gold and stamp it into salable bullion products as we have a coin press.
If you want to see where most of our gold ends up. check out the company that buys our gold blanks, www.moonlightmint.com
if you want to have your gold coined into product, of witch we will have more than the 1/10th oz gold coin available in the next few weeks. Full ounce, half, and quarters. No, as of this time we have not cut dies for these coins yet but its in the works.
It is quite interesting what you get when you put a jeweler/Refiner together with a computer programmer /die designer.

What will be next? who knows, but its fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread