cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At a yard sale last week someone told me his company sells returned merchandise in lots that have been returned to stores. I just called him and he got one lot in of 600 - 700 pieces of jewelry from Macys I have to buy the full lot. I can't pick and choose. The lot goes for $1.80 each pce.

I can come and go through it, but just to look. I never go to the mall, but all I remember in macys fine jewelry of gold and silver. I am sure they have costume jewelry. The only problem is it is a one hour drive and I need to leave work a bit early. Won't do it today, lots of work.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
It would depend on the jewelery, I would definately go look at it and see what it is though. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

HH Charlie

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
cyberdan said:
At a yard sale last week someone told me his company sells returned merchandise in lots that have been returned to stores. I just called him and he got one lot in of 600 - 700 pieces of jewelry from Macys I have to buy the full lot. I can't pick and choose. The lot goes for $1.80 each pce.

I can come and go through it, but just to look. I never go to the mall, but all I remember in macys fine jewelry of gold and silver. I am sure they have costume jewelry. The only problem is it is a one hour drive and I need to leave work a bit early. Won't do it today, lots of work. Why dont you just buy a bunch of U.S. Gold eagles instead of jewelry? I promise you that you will like the eagles better.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gettintoknowsomethin said:
Why dont you just buy a bunch of U.S. Gold eagles instead of jewelry? I promise you that you will like the eagles better.

Because I make an instant profit on jewelry. I never pay spot, or even close.

I bought some broken gold this weekend for $122 and I took to two different WE BUY GOLD stores. The first offered $50, I pushed for better and he thought and thought and punched the calculator keys some more and offered $60 :dontknow: The other store offered $87 ??? I calculate true value to be $177 I try to pay more and still make something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions