Gold Teeth

adambomb106

Jun 25, 2009
Midland City, AL

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't think it is worth the gamble, unless you can get them dirt cheap. He is already sending them to a refiner, which is where I assume you too would send them. What would he gain by selling them to you for less than he can get from the refiner? Or I guess I should ask, if he sells them to you instead of the refiner (for the same price) how would you profit from them instead of sending them to the refiner yourself?

The the attached teeth need to be hammered off before they are weighed for purchase. You should also have a gold testing kit.

Good luck if you decide to buy the stuff.

Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christof60 said:
First thing in my mind is, what kind of a person would pull someones gold tooth, AND KEEP IT???
In this case the guy was a dentist. He is used to poking around in someones teeth. gold is gold. ;D

I buy gold and have been offered "grandma's" gold teeth. They turned down my offer cause they thought grandma's teeth were worth more. I think most crowns are about 10K
gold is gold :icon_thumleft:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
cyberdan said:
Christof60 said:
First thing in my mind is, what kind of a person would pull someones gold tooth, AND KEEP IT???
In this case the guy was a dentist. He is used to poking around in someones teeth. gold is gold. ;D

I buy gold and have been offered "grandma's" gold teeth. They turned down my offer cause they thought grandma's teeth were worth more. I think most crowns are about 10K
gold is gold :icon_thumleft:

I had always heard that dental gold was generally 16K. Don't know for sure though.

I agree with Christof though, dentist should give the patient back the gold after the tooth extraction. I see people bringing it in when I am in coin stores shopping, so I imagine many dentists do give it back to the patient.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread