1oz. krugerrand and 24oz. silver bar for $1400.00

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
This is what a coin dealer charged me today. He made me a good deal but I am guessing he was needing to recoup a bit of his investment.. He made the offer after a little bit of talk and I took it. Wish I had more to spend. This was in Modesto ca. and he was holding a lot of silver and gold for the area but this still seems a bit strange.

OP
OP
D

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
This is from a very reputable coin dealer so i doubt its either. I really believe he purchased this stuff at a lower price and was just trying to get rid of it. He has a huge coin shop but mostly does collectible coins and just recently got more into bullion.

OP
OP
D

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
I can't find my camera but he sold me the silver for spot. It is a big ugly bar and the krugerrand for I think $990.00. I actually made the deal for a different one ounce coin and then switched to the krugerrand as I was paying him because in the back of my head I thought the same as you did.

This stuff was sitting in the case right out front. I honestly think this guy has way too much inventory in his shop.

The weight, diameter and thickness are all perfect.

OP
OP
D

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
alright, there was a message on my voicebox from the dealer i bought from. I gave him my number to give me a price on some coins i wanted to sell. He said in the message he accidentally undercharged me $125.00.

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
LOL you got a good deal for sure. I have a client of mine who has rolls of Krugers. and is actually selling them.. at 1100 a coin. I just cant bring myself to buy any.

I prefer to stick with jewlery scrap.. :?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dunc said:
alright, there was a message on my voicebox from the dealer i bought from. I gave him my number to give me a price on some coins i wanted to sell. He said in the message he accidentally undercharged me $125.00.

So do you give him the 125?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
dunc said:

So do you give him the 125?

Unless your receipt shows a math error in the totaling up of the prices............... NO

How is it any different then a used car dealer calling you and telling you he under charged you a $125 on the car you bought.

OP
OP
D

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
He didn't say i owed him the money he was just kind of laughing akwardly like "I hope he gives me the money". I called him back and said thanks for the deal and that next time i was in the market for some bullion i would see him first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread