Selling Your Gold? Dont Get Taken . . .

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Re: Selling Your Gold? Don't Get Taken . . .

Scrap metals are doing pretty good on Ebay...

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

I'm a prospector and keep most of what I find. I have offers of spot price for my gold from people that really want it because they know where the price of gold is going. Well, so do I. That's why I still have most of my finds. My attention span is only as high as the offers people give me.

I have the same offers for any broken jewelry that I have laying around my safe areas. I have a NOT for sale sign on my gold and you should hear the whinnying going on about what price people would pay for gold. "If it's not spot price then the conversation is going to change to something else."

I don't mail MY gold. The gold did not mail itself to my gold pan. Like you, I had to work for it.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Seamuss said:
I'm a prospector and keep most of what I find. I have offers of spot price for my gold from people that really want it because they know where the price of gold is going. Well, so do I. That's why I still have most of my finds.

I have the same offers for any broken jewelry that I have laying around my safe areas. I have a NOT for sale sign on my gold and you should hear the whinnying going on about what price people would pay for gold. "If it's not spot price then the conversation is going to change to something else."

I don't mail MY gold. The gold did not mail itself to my gold pan. Like you, I had to work for it. So does anyone that wants me to part with it.

Just curious, what is the purity of gold that you find while "panning"? I have heard that most gold nuggets have other rocks mixed in to some degree. It would be great fun to be able to prospect for gold, but I don't know if I could physically handle the work it requires all day long.

I had a chance to buy some really cool looking "nuggets" from one of my coin dealers when gold was still around $500 and they were not too expensive. I wish I had purchased them.

Jim

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

Most of my nuggets are ninety eight percent pure, but if I sell them it's to people that want them for jewelry quality nuggets.

I have sciatica and hey fever and manage to do OK out in the woods. I also prospect with the buddy system. There is usually someone within ear shot and visible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions