Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Gold isnt taking a break is it?

It is already above 1216 as I type this.

At this rate it will be 1400 by the end of the year.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
placerman said:
Gold isnt taking a break is it?

It is already above 1216 as I type this.

At this rate it will be 1400 by the end of the year.

I Still say those who are Buying
are Crusin' For a Loosin'
For a Long Lonng Time.

Hold on to what you got for a Little
or Sell

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take is that gold isn't really going up, instead the Dollar is going down. EVERYTHING is costing more, proof that it takes more dollars and that dollars are becoming worth less. Now the proportion and acceleration of dollars to buy gold viz a viz oil could be different; Here is where the speculators and commodity traders know the skinny.
But, it still takes dollars to buy these items...

Scott

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
My take is that gold isn't really going up, instead the Dollar is going down. EVERYTHING is costing more, proof that it takes more dollars and that dollars are becoming worth less. Now the proportion and acceleration of dollars to buy gold viz a viz oil could be different; Here is where the speculators and commodity traders know the skinny.
But, it still takes dollars to buy these items...

Scott

Scott,

You are right on.

Gold is just sitting there, while our dollars shrink.

Hyper-inflation of the dollar is occurring.

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I suggest you guys look at the Kitco Gold Index.

It measures the effects of the strength of the dollar versus predominant buying, in other words if gold rises because of the dollar falling it will be reflected in their index.

If the price of gold were SOLELY the result of the weakness in the dollar, gold would be about 1010 an ounce right now.

Everything above that level is due to predominant buying.

Here is the chart. Best viewed over a year or 5 year period to really see the difference.

http://www.kitco.com/kitco-gold-index.html#RT

I think over the long term it is pretty obvious that gold has followed the dollar or vise versa, but as the dollar is decoupled over the next 5 to 10 years, I think gold is going to go much higher.

A British economist recently predicted that gold would be at 6300 dollars an ounce, based on US money supply, if it wasn't being manipulated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions