ARA gold prices

atx_kt

Dec 24, 2009
For what it's worth, I've dealt with ARA several times now, and so far each time has been a good experience.

Before I send in anything, I try to verify the purity and record the weight of my finds.

The same can be said before I buy any jewelry, I check it out carefully.

I use a 10x loop, a strong rare earth magnet, an acid test kit, and later I got a GT-3000 electronic tester.

ARA has always sent back any stones, and I've not been disappointed in the payout.

I sent ARA some gold filled items, and they even sent back a baggie of the non-precious metal core pieces that didn't dissolve. One example was the upper portion of a vintage class ring which had tested out at 9K. This is very helpful in my opinion, because it shows me that they extracted and paid for all of the gold - I can deduct the weight of the returned junk metal and calculate that I was paid properly.

clam16

Greenie
Jul 15, 2010
Miami/Ftlauderdale.
Detector(s) used
ExcalII
I dont post much but for what its worth i have dealt with ARA and John on several ocassions and have nothing but confidance in there honesty!

All gold and silver i have sent in (several batches) have gotten me a check for the amount i had expected. I have been so happy with there service and turn around time that i even suggested them to my brother when he told me he had some gold to refine.

I have used Midwest as well with no issues but liked that i could get John (ARA) :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: on the phone and check my order at the drop of a dime.

my 2cents.....Clam16.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone shipped gold to ARA recently? I have a small coffee tub that is half full. Mostly 14kt. I'm looking for recent experiences with them.

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Their website says that they do not deal with the public. I have an account with them from years ago, and sent them an e-mail to still see if they deal with detectorists, and they did not reply.

I sent my stuff to Midwest instead.

Hard to say if Midwest was fair. I was sending silver; they gave me fair market price, but claim it assayed out at 86% rather than 92.5%. Admittedly, not all was stamped jewelry; some was scrap from some sort of decoration, so it is hard to tell. Not alot of money involved, so I let it go.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info I have some gold to send in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread