Gold bars from Leyte, Philippines

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I read the forum and other websites the last day, as I talked with a friend of a friend here in Cebu. (Im a foreigner living here) He came over this other guy 5 years ago.
In Short, landowner in Leyte found 585 bars some years ago, marked with sumatra 99.99, 6 inches long, 2 wide, 1.5 high, weight 6.2kg.
Im not blind and knows there is a world of scams out there and here hehe. I seen some pictures of bars and a budha but pics isnt worth much.

The farmers that owned the land discovers the treasure in a cave, some years laters one of the family pawns one bar, for 300.000Pesos, with my friends (A) friends(B) boss (C), due to some (cockfight gambling reasons whatever). After 3 days due time was up and the boss kept the gold bar.

B and C got this bar tested afterwards in a hotel room and the results showed it was real.

Now, This family want to sell out all or bigger parts, due to the fact they are still poor and also scared for their lives. B told me that the family once sold 50 grams in a shop and after that people start talking and they felt like being watched, and this is the reason they dont sell more than minimum needed. Everything is corrupt here and you die for less than a dollar, its understandable.

My main point. Im not a treasure hunter nor have I any experience. B wants me to meet 1 or 2 of the family and have it tested etc at my preferred location, for my own safety reasons. He agreed they can bring 4 bars and I can drill them wherever I want due to acid testing and so on. I still dont believe this is real bars but I never read any scam involving drilling or cutting the bar before purchase. I read some telling that one get scammed by getting edges for testing but the inside of the bar is fake etc.

Could anyone advice me on this. As I see it, if its real wohoo, if its not, they will be caught (I have a few highly placed friends here). Anyways, I dont have the funds to buy any so any advice on that one aswell?

thx

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note* Could mod move this place to the right spot? Sorry about that ::)

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree. I can have it brought here or go there to test it at my chosen location. also its ok that I chose the bar I want to drill and where I want to drill on it.
I find that alittle odd if its fake aswell. ???

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends friend says it up to me what time it would be. The family ust want to unload it as he says. I could go to Leyte on Monday and check it out but heck,, I dont know anything about it.

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that means its a scam?

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ye that sounds more like the typical hoax.. However, what I dont get is if its fake, why let me have it tested before any cash?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
andymar said:
Ye that sounds more like the typical hoax.. However, what I dont get is if its fake, why let me have it tested before any cash?

it's easy actually
only buy the one(s) you test first.

Don't take for Granted the Rest are real Also.

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
andymar said:

it's easy actually
only buy the one(s) you test first.

Don't take for Granted the Rest are real Also.

Ye thats for sure, hence if it was real I think my eyes would fall out. :laughing9: Glad im not greedy nor stupid, still its exciting.
Anyways Im also sure this is more scam than real. Would be interesting to follow it up and bust some scammers.

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas
I will fly to the philippines to test and buy or put a bid the whole lot if it is real, my bank has a chain there so the transaction can be secure for the owner. give me the word and i'm on the way. And if it is not real, well i'll take a mini vacation. Send me the info.

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas
SWR said:
coon007 said:
I will fly to the philippines to test and buy or put a bid the whole lot if it is real, my bank has a chain there so the transaction can be secure for the owner. give me the word and i'm on the way. And if it is not real, well i'll take a mini vacation. Send me the info.

:::chortles:::

No need to laugh at me SWR

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the heck would one transport out 580+ bars in secrecy? 3600kg

Anyways, I will tell the middle guy that I will not bring any money there until testing is done and proven real. Lets see what the answer is. As I mentioned, I asked for 4 bars to test not only 1.

Another question. Sumatra bars only have 4 stars, right? not 5.

OP
OP
A

andymar

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah I see,thx for the answer :read2:

No mater what this was, this forum is pretty interesting.

cacicu

May 6, 2011
SWR said:
andymar said:
Another question. Sumatra bars only have 4 stars, right? not 5.

Well....since you asked.

Sumatra gold bars are fantasy bars of gold, created for the purpose of fraudulently revealing gullible people of their money. In easier terms, and loosely translated...it means there is no such thing as Sumatra bars.

Therefor, there is no relevancy if there are 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 stars. It is however many stars the fraudster/scammer/evil-villain wants to put on the painted bar of lead....er, gold

is there any other proof to say it is fake? i need to convince someone this is a scam with concrete evidence.....

cacicu

May 6, 2011
thank you for your reply...
unfortunately, he will not stop believing as the other party are really convincing or maybe have a spell on him... ??? ???

if there are any sources specifically relating to SUMATRA gold bar philippines, pls gimme the link...

i have seen other photos of sumatra gold bar but not similar to the one he has....means he continue believing it is true....

cacicu

May 6, 2011
yes! he is clueless indeed...n gullible...
the perfect combo for scammer victims....

i will continue my google research...
if you have any info on SUMATRA gold bars...point me in the right directions! some of the site i cannot see the photos even after registering...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If SWR isn't clear enough for you, try googling scams such as this. No disrespect but it would save you & your friend plane fare hotel etc. to just throw your money to the wind. If you can't find someone with a ton of experience buying & testing let the deal go!

Testing even 4 bars out of 580 their choice which bars they bring!?!? The percentage of getting ripped off is astronomical.

Even if the bars are real, You can almost count on waking up with a headache in an alley.

triplehooked

Jul 21, 2010
Elmdale, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Currently back to a Vx3 withe D2 coil ti'l I can save for the V3i. Previous detectors include: Cz3d, CZ20, Vx3, Explorer SE Pro, XLT, MXTx2, Classic ID, Vaquero, Cibola, F2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Open up man! It's me Dave! I got the STUFF!!!" "Uhhh......Dave's not here, man!" :argue:
That's what I think of when I see SWR trying to talk sense into this/these fellas..... :laughing9:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for some reason, everyone in that country has a good deal going, but just dont have enough money, "hint, hint". Can I get in on this deal? This must be the real thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread