Sale on Silver at the BW State Mint in Germany

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Baden-Württemberg State Mint (here in Stuttgart, Germany) has silver coins for sale until 12 May for a little over spot plus shipping.

http://www.staatlichemuenzenbw.de/aktion-muenzhandwerk.html

The coins are .80375 oz of .999AG selling for €12.95 each (INCLUDES the VAT of €2.07.)

At .73 Euros to the Dollar that makes the cost right now $17.74 each (coins are valued at $14.64.) Shipping to These United States is about 20 USD, unless your order is over €200 (approximately $274.) I just ordered two, one each for my boys. I'll probably be ordering more at this deal, I just wanted to test the 'system' and make sure I could order them and have them shipped to me ( I live in Germany, but am using a US credit card to my local address.)

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
When I was in germany from 1974 to 1977 the german coin shops had junk boxes and tubs of american coins. I bought all of the half cents, large cents, indian cents, early mint marked lincolns, half dimes, shield nickels, buffalo nickels, war nickels and all the silver dimes that I could get at ten coins for a mark. Quarter size and up were individually priced. At that time there were also silver german five mark coins in circulation. Check it out - there should be shops in any sizeable town. siegfried schlagrule

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
When I was in germany from 1974 to 1977 the german coin shops had junk boxes and tubs of american coins. I bought all of the half cents, large cents, indian cents, early mint marked lincolns, half dimes, shield nickels, buffalo nickels, war nickels and all the silver dimes that I could get at ten coins for a mark. Quarter size and up were individually priced. At that time there were also silver german five mark coins in circulation. Check it out - there should be shops in any sizeable town. siegfried schlagrule
ten coins for a mark.

what is that equal to in usa money of 1977 ?

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
most of the time i was there you could get 2.5 to 2.64 marks to the dollar so i was buying many old american coins for less than face value. At 2.50 one mark was worth 40 cents. I was buying ten nickels and ten dimes and sometimes clad quarters at ten coins for forty cents to put it in perspective. I was not picky and took them all and spent the junk on base. Silver quarter size and up was individually priced in the show case. Silver dime size and below was in the junk tubs. I bought a lot of small foriegn silver back then. I came home with several cigar boxes full of old US and foriegn silver. In change on base we still had circulating buffalo nickels and war nickels. I heard of folks finding indians in change but i searched lots of rolls and never found one. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread