🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Definately wouldn't suggest Buying.

Like me...
We should have bought at $4.50 an OZ

Selling ?

I was all ready to sell right before the last Spurt.

Now I'm holding off, For fear I'll regret it

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Gold is pretty much out of my reach, my last purchase was for 1/10 gold coins for $130 bucks ea.- now the minimum you have to pay for it is about $165ea.

I'm still buying small lots of 90% silver coins for about 18 - 20 bucks per 1 dollar value.
Let's see what the 2011 will do to the economy.

Happy New Year to you and all members. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I remember $29.00 10th oz Coins

It would spite me to pay $165

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides Silver will Double long before Gold does again.

I say Copper is the New Precious Metal
of the future.

at $4.40 a pound now

I Predict $4.40 an OZ. Eventually

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Copper as of what ? ?
Can you imagine how much space will you need to start collecting?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000 said:
Copper as of what ? ?
Can you imagine how much space will you need to start collecting?

Yes Unfortunately.

I'm not going to do the math

But a Thousand Dollars worth of copper Now

At even a $1 an OZ in the future seems like a Nice
Turn around :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Well I was wrong in my last statement!!!!
Check here ?

http://shop.bestcopperbars.com/

Free shipping!!!!
Welcome to Tacoma Copper.
We invite you to browse through our store and shop with confidence, knowing that your transaction is secure and that our products are the finest copper bullion bars in the world.

You can also check out our Ebay listing link on the Navigation bar for a chance to bid on Auctions of our regular items and also special items that we do not sell in our store. Check our listings regularly as often times these items go for bargain prices!

*******SHIPPING/PROCESSING UPDATE*******
As of 14DEC2010 orders are currently at 5 business days processing due to high volume. We are no longer able to offer arrival prior to the Christmas Holiday. Please take this into consideration. Thank you for your understanding.

(a) 5 Pound .999 Fine Copper Polished Bar

The smallest polished copper bar we offer, this affordable little ingot is the most inexpensive way to start building your copper reserve. Polished to a high luster on all six sides just like our larger bars. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $60.00
(b) 5 Kilogram .999 Fine Copper Polished Bar

Our best selling copper bullion bar. This medium sized bar is polished to a high luster on all six sides. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $130.00

(c) 10 Kilogram .999 Fine Copper Polished Bar

Our large sized bar is polished to a high luster on all six sides. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $230.00

(d) 15 Kilogram .999 Fine Copper Polished Bar

Our extra-large sized bar is polished to a high luster on all six sides. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $330.00

(e) 5 Pound .999 Fine Copper Rough Finish Bar
*UNPOLISHED* rough copper bar. The smallest un-polished copper bar we offer, this affordable little ingot is the most inexpensive way to start building your copper reserve. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $45.00
(f) 5 Kilogram .999 Fine Copper Rough Finish Bar
*UNPOLISHED* rough copper bar. Our medium sized bar in un-polished copper. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $95.00

(g) 10 Kilogram .999 Fine Copper Rough Finish Bar

*UNPOLISHED* rough copper bar. Our large sized bar in un-polished copper. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $190.00

(h) 15 Kilogram .999 Fine Copper Rough Finish Bar
*UNPOLISHED* rough copper bar. Our extra-large sized bar in un-polished copper. FREE INSURED DOMESTIC SHIPPING!!

Price : $280.00

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
The 68lb boxes are prefect for the copper investors who want to acquire a small position in copper and store it in their own home.
There is approximately $100 face value in each 68lb box.
Price Per Unit:
Shipping Per Unit:
Total Per Unit:
$178.00
$16.00
$194.00

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep bankthe gold and the silver......convert all else, and buy more silver. Silver is undervalued right now....compared to the
past economic slumps we have gone through. Gold will go up some, but usually is out of reach of most, me included.
But silver.....it is going to jump......and if the world goes off the U.S. dollar as its standard - and there is already talk by
several countries of doing just that, due to our uncontrollable deficits - silver will jump bigtime.....and daily life will be able
to be maintained by silver transactions.....gold for the bigger transactions.
Pres. Obama hasn't helped curb the deficits.....in fact, some of his policies have uped them......but, I don't think ANY U.S.
PRESIDENT CAN HELP US IN THE SITUATION WE ARE IN. Our U.S. government is broke.....bankrupt as soon as the rest
of the world understands that we are paying them off in worthless printed currency.....our state governments are broke/bankrupt.
Most of our businesses are in debt.....and personally, a significant percentage of the U.S. population is in debt....over their heads.
Keep the gold.....keep the silver.....sell your other coins, especially your rare coins....and convert to silver.....and dont leave much
in the bank. When the world goes off the dollar standard, and the U.S. government freezes assets, you won't be able to get to your money.....and it will have become so devalued due to inflation.....we will be like Germany after WWII. IMHO

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
I agree with you 100% about selling all the older coins and use the $ to buy just silver bars/rounds.
It will be nice if I can grade them - but this is to expensive >:(

As jeff of pa said copper maybe will be the next ( I think already is ) "the new gold"
:icon_thumright:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Copper may be the "new gold" but I sure wouldn't be buying any from the site listed in this thread. I couldn't justify paying 2.5 times melt just to have it in ingots.

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
trdhrdr007 said:
Copper may be the "new gold" but I sure wouldn't be buying any from the site listed in this thread. I couldn't justify paying 2.5 times melt just to have it in ingots.

---------------
Any suggestions ?
---------------

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes copper appear like the new gold for investors who cannot afford gold or even silvers rising price. Chinas massive growth and need for resources will use 41% of all mined copper in the world! India has raised it's eyebrows looking over the Chinese _Indian border and wants to catch up. J.P. Morgans cooper ETF's may be an alternative to holding physical copper. J.P Morgan is holding 3 billion dollars worth of Grade #1 copper sheets in warehouses waiting for the price to jump and cash in. Anyway for anyone whos interested in investing in copper and cash in long term should consider Copper ETF's.

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Very interesting !!!
Any idea when this will take place??
I was able to search and found this:

""""Shares in J.P. Morgan's product are expected to be bought and sold like any other exchange-listed securities on an exchange. The filing didn't specify on which exchange the shares will be listed.""""

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Would be hesitant to deal with J.P. Morgan

Not too long ago there began an Investigation
on them Depressing the price of silver.
Right after the Investigation was brought to
the news, Silver Spiked.

There are also rumors J.P. dosn't have the reserves
to back what they have out there on paper.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/jp...ion-proves-millions-conspiracy-theorists-abso

Much more on Coinflation.

I Don't believe in buying overpriced metals
whether gold , silver or Copper.

& also Have my doubts Copper pennies will ever be allowed
to be sold like Silver coins for Melt.
Unless sold to the Mint at greatly distressed prices
& Taxed right away also.

Not sure myself what the best source of copper is :dontknow:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
After seeing the prices for ingots I did an online search for copper sources without much luck. Most places I found were manufacturers of bar, wire & sheet stock with a hefty mark-up. I have a friend in the scrap metal business so if I really wanted to stock up on copper I'd get it from him for what he sells it to the yard he deals with. If I didn't have an "in" I'd probably call the local scrap yards until I found someone willing to sell.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
hikeinmts said:
Keep bankthe gold and the silver......convert all else, and buy more silver. Silver is undervalued right now....compared to the
past economic slumps we have gone through. Gold will go up some, but usually is out of reach of most, me included.
But silver.....it is going to jump......and if the world goes off the U.S. dollar as its standard - and there is already talk by
several countries of doing just that, due to our uncontrollable deficits - silver will jump bigtime.....and daily life will be able
to be maintained by silver transactions.....gold for the bigger transactions.
Pres. Obama hasn't helped curb the deficits.....in fact, some of his policies have uped them......but, I don't think ANY U.S.
PRESIDENT CAN HELP US IN THE SITUATION WE ARE IN. Our U.S. government is broke.....bankrupt as soon as the rest
of the world understands that we are paying them off in worthless printed currency.....our state governments are broke/bankrupt.
Most of our businesses are in debt.....and personally, a significant percentage of the U.S. population is in debt....over their heads.
Keep the gold.....keep the silver.....sell your other coins, especially your rare coins....and convert to silver.....and dont leave much
in the bank. When the world goes off the dollar standard, and the U.S. government freezes assets, you won't be able to get to your money.....and it will have become so devalued due to inflation.....we will be like Germany after WWII. IMHO
So, what will we do if the shtf, and our govt makes transactions in PM's illegal?

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Each cpper cent is now worth 2.85 cents each for it's copper content. I started to collect them around 5 yrs ago. I only have around 11K of them now ($110) and they are worth $313+ in copper value. So the guv'ment won't allow melting and there is refining costs to consider, but what about the future? I see it now in a coin magazine, "Found, a hoard of REAL COPPER CENTS!!! Buy yours now at only $3 each or 4 for $10! (S&H - $7). Is this the future?

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Wow- !!!!!!!
Today 1/4/11 Gold down over 30 bucks, silver almost a dollar ????
What is going on ????
??? ::) ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread