Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sellers of gold would be fingerprinted & couldn’t be paid in cash

A bill sponsored by Rep. Katrina Asay, R-Milton, would require dealers to keep stricter records on sellers of gold, silver and platinum.

Federal Way police want to stop dealers who buy jewelry and send it out immediately to be melted down. They include many transient dealers who operate out of kiosks and hotel rooms.

“What they’re doing is accepting precious metals and sending it out the next day,” said Federal Way Police Chief Brian J. Wilson

So why Not Fingerprint the Dealers Instead ? :icon_scratch:

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/02/08/1535819/bill-aims-to-make-it-harder-for.html#ixzz1DOzJJ8XQ

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: sellers of gold would be fingerprinted & couldn’t be paid in cash

They are nuts, do they really think that will reduce the number of break-ins?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if anything cash for gold will get richer,
ripping off the thieves and the thieves
will have to steal 3 times as much each night

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa said:
I heard this would only be in effect for a town in washington..Plus I guess Cash for Gold will also send you a free finger print kit to mail with your unwanted gold. haha

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blai745 said:
jeff of pa said:
I heard this would only be in effect for a town in washington..Plus I guess Cash for Gold will also send you a free finger print kit to mail with your unwanted gold. haha

LOL On CfG

Yes one town To start.
But unfortunately, if one Politician
Pushes such a law thru,

Others will decide they Can too.

Punish the Innocent Because of a few bad apples

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

In my area the coin dealers ask for your driver's license and take down the info when you sell anything in case the stuff turns up stolen. I would think that should be sufficient enough.

Jim

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa said:
blai745 said:
jeff of pa said:

LOL On CfG

Yes one town To start.
But unfortunately, if one Politician
Pushes such a law thru,

Others will decide they Can too.

I used to live near Federal Way, WA How do you think it got its first name..... :laughing7:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree :thumbsup: This law makes about as much sense as closing down a highway to all traffic because a few people got speeding tickets.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

Allow people to buy and sell gold, take reasonable precautions, lock your doors.

Solved.

Oh yeah, and fire the politicians.

Why do we think that government automatically means the necessity for "politicians," anyway? Why don't we just hire qualified people, like we do for every other job?

:icon_scratch:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I try not to be a conspiracy guy,,, But the only choices are- 1) politicians are completely insane and cannot flow chart logical thinking to see the unintended consequences of their legislation,, Or 2) the legislation has nothing to do with the cover story and is an attempt to find out more information on every individual in America, as most of the new legislation seems to be following the same trail. If we caught them in the second scenario, they could just say it is an attempt to collect taxes, not logically thinking through the fact that the money had already been taxed many times.

Of course, just my opinion, but I cannot find a good reason for all the crap coming down the river.

One more opinion, so everyone knows who I am,, A capitalist based representative republic supplies the only freedom this world has EVER known.
All other forms of government equal slavery, and the proponents that support these other types of Governments feel that they will be chosen to be the masters.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Look...people get elected to office all the time who are not exactly in their right minds. One amazing example is the congressman questioning a general, recently, about sending 7000 additional Marines to Guam and he was seriously wondering if the island would tip over or capsize with the additional people...

I am not making this up.

You probably can find it on Utube but I am too lazy to get it for you tonight...lol.

But, seriously, they are not that smart...what does that say about the people who elected them?

Ugh.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

TheRandyMan said:
But, seriously, they are not that smart...what does that say about the people who elected them?

From what I understand, they are not elected anymore. It is decided who will be put into office, before the elections even happen.

There are only two requirements: Do what you're told, and keep your mouth shut about it.

Why would they need intelligence?

:dontknow:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Randy man is that the one from Cali or the one from Tx,, They are real peices of work. The one asked the head of NASA if you could see the footprints of the astronauts on Mars.... He said ,, No ( I would have had to say,, It was the moon MOONBAT!!)

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

Oh, noooooooooooooooooo!

I had to see this, so I searched YouTube for "senator thinks...," and the following video was suggested.

Please let me say first, that I don't like to pick on challenged folks, and I'm not racist (half of my family is black). But does this guy seem to have serious problems, or what?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That fellow a keen wit and a beautiful grasp of insanity. If you watched these people your jaw would be broken from hitting the ground so often. I am in a state that the government took away the right to vote for mayor, because apparently too many good old boys lololololololl ??? Thank goodness the feds gave the rights back to the people that the feds never had the right to take!!!
And yet many places elect a guy every time he gets out of prison!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is absolutely unbelievable. This has to be some kind of prank/lark on U-Tube. There can't be a person that is that stupid, can there :icon_scratch:

If he is truly an elected politician, his chances of re-election are now just about Slim and None.

I truly hope that this was staged and not a real event or we are in for a rough ride. :o

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

EE THr said:
Oh, noooooooooooooooooo!

I had to see this, so I searched YouTube for "senator thinks...," and the following video was suggested.

Please let me say first, that I don't like to pick on challenged folks, and I'm not racist (half of my family is black). But does this guy seem to have serious problems, or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg

:laughing7: I Can't believe he didn't just
break down & Laugh in his face :laughing7:

Marines1.jpg

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007

jeff of pa said:
A bill sponsored by Rep. Katrina Asay, R-Milton, would require dealers to keep stricter records on sellers of gold, silver and platinum.

Federal Way police want to stop dealers who buy jewelry and send it out immediately to be melted down. They include many transient dealers who operate out of kiosks and hotel rooms.

“What they’re doing is accepting precious metals and sending it out the next day,” said Federal Way Police Chief Brian J. Wilson

So why Not Fingerprint the Dealers Instead ? :icon_scratch:

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/02/08/1535819/bill-aims-to-make-it-harder-for.html#ixzz1DOzJJ8XQ

Wow ---- I'm only 5 miles from Federal Way --- ?!?!

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreedomUIC said:
If he is truly an elected politician, his chances of re-election are now just about Slim and None.

http://www.hankforcongress.com/news?id=0042
11/03/2010
11/2: Resounding victory for Johnson

Congressman Hank Johnson won re-election Tuesday by an overwhelming margin, soundly defeating his Republican challenger in Georgia's Fourth Congressional District. Johnson won 75% of the vote, the widest margin of victory in any of Georgia's Congressional races.

"The voters of the Fourth District left no doubt tonight," said Johnson at his victory celebration, his wife Mereda Davis Johnson by his side along with supporters at the Fairfield Inn in Lithonia, Georgia. "Though we enjoy this victory, it was a tough day for progress nationwide. The fight only gets harder."

Johnson received more than 130,000 votes, defeating his opponent in all three counties in Georgia's Fourth District.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread