SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd buy them all in a second if I could afford them.

Silver is at $44.03 right now.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Anytime you can get silver for substantially less than spot, buy it (assuming of course you think that silver prices are going to go up like they have been and not crash).

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broseph, $2 something under spot....jump on it. Silver will be $50 within 30 days

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I would buy it without hesitation. However if this is something you want to get out of in a hurry if you need to 1 oz rounds and bars are better. 10 oz bars take a lot of buyers out of the loop due to needing $400+ for 1 piece.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that 10 ounce bars are easier to tamper with by drilling and filling with something other than silver. It may not be a concern for you due to the fact that you are buying from a friend. But that friend also had to buy them from somewhere so be sure to inquire as to where he got them from. Also, future buyers may be wary of buying such large bars from you for the very same reason.

For the small number that you are buying you probably don't have much to worry about. But in general, I tend to stay away from 10 ounce and larger bars due to the fact that if it is fake, you can lose a lot more money on the deal. Diversification is the best bet to protect yourself.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched an epay seller get $57 for one, yes ONE, Stagecoach divisible bar (same thing as the 175 I bought and my wife bought 300) when spot was at $42... I couldnt believe it... Tempts me to start selling them, but I would be selling something I bought for when the SHTF... I would just spend the money anyway, so I will hold.
But if it hits $75 or higher, I will probably sell 75 oz, I would still have 100 oz and the profit would about pay for the 100 I would hold...
I bet that with silver hitting these highs, JP Morgan/Chase is feverishly working on trying to manipulate a price drop to protect their short.. Where is our beloved Senator Weiner now?? Remember a few months back when he started his little investigation to prove that Glenn Beck was a cohort in the exploitation of the gold selling?
That guy (Mr. Weiner) sure lives up to his name...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread