HUUGE turn around on silver.. breaking $50 this week i bet

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
And to think a silver dime is worth $3.45 for its silver content.....a silver quarter worth $8.60....a half worth $17.20--Unbelievable!
(Silver now $48/oz, gold now $1528/oz)

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD-GA said:
I just bought a 100oz bar 6 minutes ago. Im in.

Very nice.

grandpa I agree, $50 more than likely end of this week or by middle next. And I think we'll potential see $60 not to long from now say 30-45 days. But of course there are lots of things like the dollar and our debt that can make it go parabolic pretty quick. Don't forget we should be at $100 an ounce for silver right now based on the historical GSR. The market will correct itself in this matter, and I think sooner than later.

More and More people are waking up to silver DAILY. Did you read about the I shares silver ETF recording breaking volume of trading the last 2 days...mmmm

OP
OP
G

grampa

Nov 27, 2008
r u talking about SLV? i have been comtemplating calls in it for weeks now but the premiums have been pretty high

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just a change in the rules forcing some players out of the game and making them sell off. The demand for physical is still there. Im still in.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This expected 20% correction is nothing to worry about...it is a buying opportunity. :headbang:

The underlying fundamentals of the US and world economies have not changed...in fact, there is no changing them at this point. We are about to have serious hyperinflation which the powers that be will be powerless to do anything about.

Do not mistake short term volatility for fundamental market changes. :read2:

The millions of people who are buying physical silver, and holding it, will be adding to their positions as the price drops as they liked silver at $20..$25...$30...$35...and they will be thrilled to have a shot at buying it on sale once again. They expect it to go to $100 in the next year...what has changed in that scenario? :dontknow:

NOTHING! :icon_sunny: is the answer! :icon_sunny:

Do not P A N I C... stay the course. Buy on the dips with confidence! :thumbsup:

Read here...

http://www.theenergyreport.com/pub/na/9452

And my thread here...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,381983.0.html

If you need some spine reinforcement :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably shouldn't take up "Palm" reading as a hobby......

Just say'in.. :laughing7:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
snake35 said:
Silver will be under $25.00 within a month.

You might be correct and I hope you are because I would like to buy at that price. But the question is how long will it stay there?

Is the dollar going to improve and if so how? The different currencies and financial situations all over the world seem to be deteriorating at a fast pace. Every place needs a "bailout" of some sort. Where does all this bailout money come from?

Just the fact that our debt ceiling of over 14 TRILLION and needs to be raised to continue funding our normal gov functions should be frightening to people. But unfortunately most are more concerned about what they are going to watch on TV tonight than the fact that the financial world around them is falling apart.

Jim

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I agree that the dollar is near worthless. Hoarding silver is not going to help in a financial crash. What are you going to do with it? You cannot eat it and it will only be worth what you can trade it for. When America goes down (when not if) we will take the world with us!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
snake35 said:
I agree that the dollar is near worthless. Hoarding silver is not going to help in a financial crash. What are you going to do with it? You cannot eat it and it will only be worth what you can trade it for. When America goes down (when not if) we will take the world with us!

I think there will always be a certain degree of "wealth" that exists, and said wealth will find its way to the most efficient stores of value, what is like in "Gresham's Law". I think PMs are the next big store of wealth that even now are not as popular as some seem to think. I know a few wealthy people who don't own any PMs and think their mutual funds and bonds are the way to go. If I am correct about PMs going way up in value someday those with capital will want to move it from worth-less to worth-more and will go to PMs I believe.

While I see the dollar and other fiats crashing, I think they will come out with some new currency that will somehow be tied to commodities.

I don't see a Mad Max scenario unfolding, which if it does happen you are correct. In anything short of that, there will always be a need for "money" as a store of wealth and "currency", a way for people and businesses to transact business in a way other than true barter.

I could be all wrong on this but I have been right so far (since the mid 2000s) and I don't think things have gotten any better.

PS I also believe a family should keep stores of food and water and other essentials on hand. If things get real bad (due to the economy or natural disasters) I believe there could be a certain amount of time where the stores will be closed and you will see Katrina like looting and pillaging going on in certain areas. At that time a family would definitely want to own more than just PMs.

Jim

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I read your posts Jim, the more I am impressed... Cant agree more with your two posts above...
I bought silver for the future, so even if it drops to $20 and I bought for $29, I have no worries.. I would have sold it last month if that is what I was in it for..
I also agree that even silver and gold would be worthless in a complete crash... That is why I have a cache of beans, rice, flour, salt, sugar, coffee, etc... Not just for food, but also enough for barter if need be.... AND... quite a cache of lead throwers and lead (more like steel penetrators) also.... Cause there would be a lot of people out there wanting what I have, and having nothing to barter with... I sure as heck dont want to be on the east coast (or southwest coast either) if and when that happens... Thats why I want to be moved back home within the next year or two at most... I have the perfect places from my youth that fit that scenario perfectly... Where I grew up at the base of Mt. St. Helens...

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I tried to sell 4.2 ounces of sterling Reed and Barton spoons at a pawn shop the other day and they wouldn't even make me an offer. Said there was too much volatility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions