$35.00 silver - How low are you going to let it go before buying.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 Dolla !!!

I Buy for $5.00 an OZ.
I sell for $50.00 an oz.

Untill silver Reaches $50.00
then "I No sell" ;D

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a specific price but a specific set of circumstances. It needs to level out and hold for a while before I will buy more. If it stays around $35 then I won't need to buy any because I already bought quite a bit at $17. But if it creates a trough below $30 and then starts breaking through again I would consider buying more. The lower it goes the more consideration I'll give it. ;D

As I've said elsewhere, I'm not considering trying to time the market this time. That has never worked for me in the past. If I miss a quick dip down into the 20's then so be it.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Im still buying daily but at a much lower percentage of melt than I was. Last week I payed melt for eagles and bullion, this week im paying melt less 20%. Once it is stable for 48 hours in a row (if that is even possible) I will go back to paying melt. Ive bought so much at the $17 to $25 range that it off sets the stuff i bought at $45 and ive yet to hear anyone who says silver isnt destined for a monster rise over the next few years while the dollar dies.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It's now officially around 34.75. I said before 35 was my buy in price again, but now I am looking at 30 bucks to start averaging in.

Jim

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in a buying mood. But most of my shops are scared , and some have paid alot more than 34$ for it. So trying to get them to feel as generous is going to be difficult,, Alot of them took a hard sting. I will get all over it at 25 though!!!!

Somebody feel like getting rid of some at 25? :tongue3:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got through buying 5 rolls +1 for a total of 101 UNC Peace Dollars for $2500.00 on ebay. Prices are starting to fall and there's deals there. I got these under melt value plus there uncirculated. Now we need silver to start climbing and do I have this feeling. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marchas45 said:
I just got through buying 5 rolls +1 for a total of 101 UNC Peace Dollars for $2500.00 on ebay. Prices are starting to fall and there's deals there. I got these under melt value plus there uncirculated. Now we need silver to start climbing and do I have this feeling. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

You sir are my hero! I have never bought on ebay.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Dave44 said:
Marchas45 said:

You sir are my hero! I have never bought on ebay.

Wow, just make sure they are not made in China. Melt on junky Peace dollars is over 27 bucks per coin. Dealer cost is around 31 for an unc common date.

If they are real you got the deal of the century, congrats!

Jim

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Dave44 said:
I am in a buying mood. But most of my shops are scared , and some have paid alot more than 34$ for it. So trying to get them to feel as generous is going to be difficult,, Alot of them took a hard sting. I will get all over it at 25 though!!!!

Somebody feel like getting rid of some at 25? :tongue3:

That right there is why silver isnt dead. When people quit selling it off it hits its bottom and then folks start having to pay high to even get someone to sell physical silver and back up goes the roller coaster.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Vodka1000 said:
dogpound said:
crazy what a difference a week can make.......

Here is another week for you
:help:

Or even just a day. Yesterday I bought a small amount at just over 36 (including premiums). It has dipped below 33 so far this morning for a short time. If it does another big afternoon drop I may get a bit more today. I am glad the store I went to didn't have much in the cheapo pile yesterday or I would have bought more. Premiums are going up here. They want 2 bucks over on 10 ouncers. I don't want to pay that.

If silver keeps dropping I think supply at the local level will be down and premiums up, which would level off over time if the prices stay low.

Jim

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000 said:

Interesting article. And I don't doubt that much of what he says is quite valid. However... keep in mind that this guy sells physical gold and silver for a living. He has a vested interest in making you believe that gold and silver will continue to rise. I believe that they will both rise long term for many of the reasons he states. But it is important to understand how the author benefits from making you agree with his viewpoint (right or wrong).

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
Or even just a day. Yesterday I bought a small amount at just over 36 (including premiums). It has dipped below 33 so far this morning for a short time. If it does another big afternoon drop I may get a bit more today. I am glad the store I went to didn't have much in the cheapo pile yesterday or I would have bought more. Premiums are going up here. They want 2 bucks over on 10 ouncers. I don't want to pay that.

If silver keeps dropping I think supply at the local level will be down and premiums up, which would level off over time if the prices stay low.

Jim

I'm still going to hold off for a while. It could easily drop to below $30 and languish there for a long time. The longer it stays at a given price the lower the premiums go. I may end up missing out on what could be a short term price drop and great buying opportunity. But if that happens then so be it. I have a good supply of silver and gold right now so I'm not looking to run out and buy more unless I'm getting a really good deal. Things are just too volatile right now and I've never been successful at timing the market.

If it is any consolation, I tell all of my friends that if they want to be successful in the market, just do the opposite of what I do. With that said, I think you are probably making the right decisions! ;D

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD-GA said:
That right there is why silver isnt dead. When people quit selling it off it hits its bottom and then folks start having to pay high to even get someone to sell physical silver and back up goes the roller coaster.

I don't disagree with this idea. But timing is certainly important as well. The longer the price stays around a specific price point the more comfortable dealers will be with selling it (and for lower premiums). It is cyclic. The price has fallen so fast that dealers are scared to do anything. It has nothing to do with true supply and demand, only fear. At some point things will normalize and the true supply and demand will take over again. At that point I think prices will continue to rise but on a much more controlled level.

But hey, what do I know?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
mts said:
I'm still going to hold off for a while.

That is probably a smarter move than what I am doing. But I tend to lack patience when it comes to PMs at times. My core positions (you know, what is gonna save me when the dollar crashes :wink:) are put away and I am not touching them even if silver goes past 50.

But what my goal is now is to profit IF silver does another run up, which I feel it will before the end of the year. I will keep adding as it drops in stages so I have a decent amount accumulated. It may not get past 50 again in the next run up, but I would sell at 48 or so and be happy. If my average buy price is in the 33 to 36 dollar range that would be a nice profit percentage wise, compared to the less than 1 percent that money is getting in a CD. But I do think 28 is coming, since that is an area of support in the charts, much like 33 is/was. I still maintain we will see 100 plus silver within the next 5 years, since all past bull markets like this end in what is called a "mania" phase where everyone wants in the market--like the tech stock and real estate bubbles we just had. Right now most average people don't have a clue about silver, so we are not near the "mania" phase yet.

The only way I would lose on this type of buying is if silver never rises past my buy price ever again. Personally, I don't worry about that. If the dollar gets so strong that my PMs lose their value, it would mean all our economic problems here would go away and I would make more money in my business, etc.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread