Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
i personally messaged hiim and got two for $75 shipped :headbang: through paypal of coarse to save on those pesky ebay fees.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
i personally messaged hiim and got two for $75 shipped :headbang: through paypal of coarse to save on those pesky ebay fees.

I just bought one and asked to buy 9 more outside of the bay so he can save money and me also. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
great deal i thought. cheapest way to invest. i always make those ebay lists. put a price you would buy instantly on, then put that as highest, then set it to buy it now, then set it to newly listed and refresh it every 5 mins or so until something pops up. just dont be hesitant, they will get swiped up FAST

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice........

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I am lucky I have decent coin dealers in my local area. I can beat those prices pretty easily and get Engelhard or JM, which I consider to be the best brands. Although I usually go for the cheapest premium and get lessor known names, but widely recognized nonetheless. I have purchased some of the Apmex bars and they are nice.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
great deal i thought. cheapest way to invest. i always make those ebay lists. put a price you would buy instantly on, then put that as highest, then set it to buy it now, then set it to newly listed and refresh it every 5 mins or so until something pops up. just dont be hesitant, they will get swiped up FAST

:laughing9: :laughing9: Well he'll let me have 9 more for $347.00 shipped. So thats $38.00 each and $5.00 for shipping. Well I tried guess you got the deal.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i'm also lucky that their is a couple dealers around my area that stay pretty close to spot prices(when they have some to sell), last saturday i picked up a 10 oz. bar for 370. i plan on lookin to see what they have this saturday and hope to pick some up, hopefully under 35 bucks

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
are you guys reading these adds right?????

these bars listed are CLAD......100 mills CLAD....
i am not a professional but i dont think these are solid one ounce.....
anything clad is a core metal....covered by a pm....

i maybe wrong....correct me if i am....

ScrugneysGunDogs

Apr 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I was just going to add that "1 Troy Oz .999 100 mills" means it is silver plated copper!

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
The ebay ad states...
"The core of the bar is said to be copper,
but I have no way of knowing for sure."

Really ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After researching it this morning your correct, 100 mill is silver plated...... He isn't clear in his ad, but others selling the same kind of bars are, and state they are plated...............

This is from another ad on EBay...... "THESE BARS ARE NOT SOLID SILVER - BUT ARE 100 MILS .999 FINE SILVER CLAD OVER .999 COPPER!!"

Glad I didn't buy any, I will not buy unless it says ".999 Pure Silver."

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i've noticed alot of those 1/10 or 1/20 oz. rounds and mini bars on flea bay, those are a real joke for the price

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
this guy has several of these bars listed on ebay as we speak, and if he told someone he was sold out earlier, i doubt he was able to get more that quick, these must be fake, no way he is paying for them and reselling them as cheap as he is, the 3 i looked at were all at 9.00 a peice with only a day left to bid, no doubt they will probably at least double in price by then, but i'm staying away from these auctions, best way to get gold or silver is to go to a coin shop. ebay is full of theives trying to screw people.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DemonWolfe said:
this guy has several of these bars listed on ebay as we speak, and if he told someone he was sold out earlier, i doubt he was able to get more that quick, these must be fake, no way he is paying for them and reselling them as cheap as he is, the 3 i looked at were all at 9.00 a peice with only a day left to bid, no doubt they will probably at least double in price by then, but i'm staying away from these auctions, best way to get gold or silver is to go to a coin shop. ebay is full of theives trying to screw people.

I should have said he is out EXCEPT FOR THE ONES STILL LEFT ON EBAY. The rest he had was Buy It Now. Man I don't know where all the negativity is coming from on this poor seller, :dontknow: he may have had them for a while and is selling for a profit. These are ligit so don't read anything into it. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
lol Marchas45, i know! they are obviously not gonna be fakes. he said to me he had 100 fresh out of a box, and he prob bought them at a MUCH lower price, and is making some nice bank on them now. NO they werent plated, NO they werent a scam. hes out now, and im glad Marchas45 took advantage of it with me. RARELY do you see some nice bars close to spot like that... EVEN AT COIN SHOPS there are premiums higher then $5...

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only buy 1960 - 1964 Proof or Mint sets from the Bay. Anything else is likely NOT what it is written up as.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread