Gold to go to $5,000 per ounce...based on supply, not debt/fiat money issues.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, you all know about the huge debts of governmental entities and their attempts to print paper money to ease their pain...however, this article focuses on some very interesting supply side issues that will drive gold all on their own. Combine the two for a potent ONE-TWO punch that will drive gold..and drag silver...up UP and AWAY!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43396080

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will be interesting to see what happens but if it does go that high, the world is gonna be in a world of hurt. At that rate, guns and ammo will be worth their weight in gold.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't know how high gold and silver will go before it eventually collapses (which it will do someday when a better alternative comes along, whatever that may be).

But from what I have read, the largest percentage of gains in these kinds of bull markets takes place in the very last move up. We are not near that yet. If something bad ever happens to the dollar or euro, I could see crazy spikes in gold and silver overnight. But a person would have to be ready to sell at the right time to take advantage of the situation. Maybe put their profits into land, etc.

Jim

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
jim4silver said:
I don't know how high gold and silver will go before it eventually collapses (which it will do someday when a better alternative comes along, whatever that may be).

But from what I have read, the largest percentage of gains in these kinds of bull markets takes place in the very last move up. We are not near that yet. If something bad ever happens to the dollar or euro, I could see crazy spikes in gold and silver overnight. But a person would have to be ready to sell at the right time to take advantage of the situation. Maybe put their profits into land, etc.

Jim

Something bad is already happening to the euro and dollar. And knowing when to get out wont matter as much as what will you be able to trade your gold and silver for. If gold hits 5k an oz , like the poster above started to explain, you wouldnt want to sell an oz for $5000 because chances are you wont get crap for those 5k dollars. Right now we are all waiting to get any kind of news that moves the market. If the republicans win in 2012 I will be selling off a ton of my assets immediately. Not because the republicans are likely to fix anything, but because the news of the current administration being removed will be such good news that commodities would drop like a rock. Man that is sad isnt it?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
JD-GA said:
jim4silver said:

Jim

Something bad is already happening to the euro and dollar. And knowing when to get out wont matter as much as what will you be able to trade your gold and silver for. If gold hits 5k an oz , like the poster above started to explain, you wouldnt want to sell an oz for $5000 because chances are you wont get crap for those 5k dollars. Right now we are all waiting to get any kind of news that moves the market. If the republicans win in 2012 I will be selling off a ton of my assets immediately. Not because the republicans are likely to fix anything, but because the news of the current administration being removed will be such good news that commodities would drop like a rock. Man that is sad isnt it?

JD,

I don't think we will see across the board inflation. Certain assets will go up in value (gold, other commodities) and certain assets will go down (the dollar, real estate, etc). I may turn out to be wrong, but I don't think we will have classic (hyper)inflation, which to happen would require that salaries and income skyrocket along with everything else--that is clearly not going to happen, in fact unemployment is going to rise to double the current levels in the next couple of years I believe. I don't know what the economic term for this is, but it would be a mix of inflation/deflation depending on what the asset class is.

As far as dems vs. repubs, my opinion is that they are really both the same at high political levels. Although they both have different positions on issues party-wise, it seems like the results are the same no matter who is in office nowadays. Although things are getting worse economically, things are not much different policy-wise then they were under the past administration. We are still in Middle east wars overseas that seem to have no end, QE1 was done before the current administration, QE 2 under current admin, same fed reserve chairman under both admins, many of the tax cuts from the past admin are still in effect, etc.

I predict that no matter who wins the next election, nothing will change. Even if Ron Paul wins (which I believe will not happen) it is too late to fix the dollar or the debt situation now, but by 2012 it will be even much worse off. I believe things will keep rolling along like they have been until the dollar loses its world reserve status completely, there is a gov default, etc. Don't know if any of that will happen, but if it does things could deteriorate here quickly economically.

Just imagine if they cut off medicare/medicaid, welfare, food stamps, disability payments, fed pension payments, unemployment payments, etc. Many people are completely dependent on these programs and the gov must keep borrowing or printing money to pay for them, along with everything else otherwise you would have a bunch of broke and desperate people rioting in the streets (which unfortunately I believe you could see here in the future if things get much worse). Any politician or political party that tried to end these freebies would be out of office in the next election, even though ending the freebies is what would possibly save the country economically (even though that might not even work).

All above is my opinion.

Jim

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Gold, silver, platinum, osmium, irridium, palladium, and perhaps lithium today could all be considered hedges against inflation.

US debt doubled from 9-11.

As a result, US is defaulting on debt payments to China, which bankrolled the Afghanistan and Iraqi wars.

Ultimate winner? China.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Tuberale said:
Gold, silver, platinum, osmium, irridium, palladium, and perhaps lithium today could all be considered hedges against inflation.

US debt doubled from 9-11.

As a result, US is defaulting on debt payments to China, which bankrolled the Afghanistan and Iraqi wars.

Ultimate winner? China.

I have considered investing in lithium before. With everyone looking for alternatives to gasoline/fossil fuels lithium seems like a smart buy.

And yes, China really is the big winner. It really irks me those jerks have found a way to use capitalism against us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread