Silver prices will continue to fall

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
I still think silver will keep falling with a few rallies in between. I believe by summer silver will be under $20 an ounce. One thing some people overlook is it is an election year.

27.13 right now. Should be going lower as big money typically kills silver price over a couple of days before stabalizing again.

Shoot, we might see it break $20 by the end of this week. :laughing9:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I hope it goes lower. I picked up some Mexican Onzas and slightly blemished Canadian Maples for 50 cents over spot today. I will buy more every $2 or so it drops. I am holding for retirement so I have a couple of decades to wait it out.

If for some reason prices were to drop to below $20, there will be alot of bargain hunters out there. Could be difficult to find any without crazy premiums. I am biased, but I don't think the decline is going to go on as long as some say. The price might tank near term, but I think it is going to be relatively fast (months not years). If/when the Euro finally collapses or is disbanded, that is going to drive $$$$ into the US dollar, which should further affect the PM prices. But that does not mean the dollar is strong per se, simply because the Euro falls apart. We will still have the debt ceiling raised again soon, plus probably another round of QE. Unless they raise interest rates substantially, the dollar is not going to get stronger, maybe more popular due to the Euro mess, but not stronger in real terms.

Saw an interesting fact, the US national debt was under $10 Trillion in 2008, it will hit over $16 Trillion in 2012 most likely- over a 50% rise in just 4 years! I don't see how anyone can think the US dollar is going to be "strong" in the future in light of these facts (maybe the term "healthy" is better than strong?).

If/when this Iran situation gets heated up, oil will go to the moon and I think PMs will follow. I believe something is going to happen there before the election in the fall.

All just my opinion.

Jim

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
I hope it goes lower. I picked up some Mexican Onzas and slightly blemished Canadian Maples for 50 cents over spot today. I will buy more every $2 or so it drops. I am holding for retirement so I have a couple of decades to wait it out.

If for some reason prices were to drop to below $20, there will be alot of bargain hunters out there. Could be difficult to find any without crazy premiums. I am biased, but I don't think the decline is going to go on as long as some say. The price might tank near term, but I think it is going to be relatively fast (months not years). If/when the Euro finally collapses or is disbanded, that is going to drive $$$$ into the US dollar, which should further affect the PM prices. But that does not mean the dollar is strong per se, simply because the Euro falls apart. We will still have the debt ceiling raised again soon, plus probably another round of QE. Unless they raise interest rates substantially, the dollar is not going to get stronger, maybe more popular due to the Euro mess, but not stronger in real terms.

Saw an interesting fact, the US national debt was under $10 Trillion in 2008, it will hit over $16 Trillion in 2012 most likely- over a 50% rise in just 4 years! I don't see how anyone can think the US dollar is going to be "strong" in the future in light of these facts (maybe the term "healthy" is better than strong?).

If/when this Iran situation gets heated up, oil will go to the moon and I think PMs will follow. I believe something is going to happen there before the election in the fall.

All just my opinion.

Jim

I love your posts Jim. Very well informed.

We are about due for a catastrophic event. Although I dont see another largescale strike occuring in the US anytime soon, they can bottleneck oil. And oil will be the trigger of an economic collapse. Housing is already a bust, we are in debt trillions from recent wars, and oil will be the final stretch that breaks the already tight rubberband.

There is a reason oil is called BLACK GOLD. It's truely our lifeblood, and without it, we will fall. Think they dont know that? Only thing stopping them, is the fear of our nukes, and there utter exsistence being wiped off the planet if they decide to tangle in that web.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Wow Gillmore, how do you get your "facts"? You and Jim must be the most depressed people on the planet. Both of you are
seeing boogers even before you walk by the cemetery. Both youse need a lift, try doing something nice for a total stranger.
Y'all will feel lots better. :blob7:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
Wow Gillmore, how do you get your "facts"? You and Jim must be the most depressed people on the planet. Both of you are
seeing boogers even before you walk by the cemetery. Both youse need a lift, try doing something nice for a total stranger.

Depressed I don't think they are as they are getting prepared as I am (I'm one of the most happiest people you will meet). Don't you read what's going on lastleg or hear what's going on or are you just being blind to the fact that ther'e a lot of problems around us here and in the rest of the world?.
I'm not trying to pick on you but I was alerted a year ago by some of the people in this forum and I have stared checking it out and believe me it's scary but to each his own I guess. Happy In Life, Happy in Love but most of all Happy with Myself, Charlie

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:

Not depressed. I have a great job, i have wealth, health, and a great family. I give to the poor, charities, and families in need. I am this way because I know the facts.

Look around at America. Wealthiest nation on planet Earth, and most are slammed with debt and record foreclosures. Why is this? Russia, China, and the Middle East are just waiting to pounce on us when we fall and rip our jugular. These sir, are the facts.

Im in the Guard also, and have served in the military for over 10 years, am very patriotic. But wouldnt one be naive to think the US will remain a superpower forever? All superpowers have fallen in the past, ALL. My opinion, the way the US is operating right now, we are repeating history. As Marchas said, I am preparing myself for the future.

Trust me, I love living here...where else can you get rich so easy?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Greetings sir,

The lads just seem a little overburdened with anxiety over questionable threats to their livelyhood. I happen to believe in the
financial future of the USA in spite of the current slump. If there is an imminent threat to our survival at hand I want to know the
details of that risk. So far I've heard nothing to that effect, in fact the economy seems to be turning around finally.

Even though I'm only an amateur coin nut I enjoy my coins and related memorabilia just as much as JS likes scrambling around
picking up a little here, a little there, slugs/wafers etc. But when people start yakking war with Iran ~ BUY PMS it makes me wonder
why I should take his word rather than find out the facts. Fact is Iran lost a million or so fighters in Iraq and is in no shape to be a serious threat to the US. If only our political hopefuls would stop harping on imaginary foes. That gets the fringe all riled up.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
Greetings sir,

The lads just seem a little overburdened with anxiety over questionable threats to their livelyhood. I happen to believe in the
financial future of the USA in spite of the current slump. If there is an imminent threat to our survival at hand I want to know the
details of that risk. So far I've heard nothing to that effect, in fact the economy seems to be turning around finally.

Even though I'm only an amateur coin nut I enjoy my coins and related memorabilia just as much as JS likes scrambling around
picking up a little here, a little there, slugs/wafers etc. But when people start yakking war with Iran ~ BUY PMS it makes me wonder
why I should take his word rather than find out the facts. Fact is Iran lost a million or so fighters in Iraq and is in no shape to be a serious threat to the US. If only our political hopefuls would stop harping on imaginary foes. That gets the fringe all riled up.

why I should take his word rather than find out the facts. you just uttered the magic words, if I told you, you wouldn't believe me anyway. So do some research and some reading and come to your own conclusions. If your conclusions are different from ours and the same as someone Else's then that's fine but give us the courtesy of us having ours. God Bless. Charlie

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is lingering because he is on the fence in deciding whether or not to become a PM's crackpot like the rest of us. That statement should open up the floodwater.

FACT is(there's that word again), PM's are just a portion of my "portfolio" sir. I have guns, cash, condoms, real estate, water, and a great attitude. Now stop debating(trolling) on a forum dedicated to PM's and come join the dark side. I am your father.

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
He is lingering because he is on the fence in deciding whether or not to become a PM's crackpot like the rest of us. That statement should open up the floodwater.

FACT is(there's that word again), PM's are just a portion of my "portfolio" sir. I have guns, cash, condoms, real estate, water, and a great attitude. Now stop debating(trolling) on a forum dedicated to PM's and come join the dark side. I am your father.
No thats not true.... Thats impossible!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:

All right GH, you have gone to far. I just spit coffee all over my new monitor... :laughing7:

You do know that condoms have a shelf life don't ya..... ;D

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Gill, you may have guns, you may have cash and condoms but water sir? In Phoenix sir? That is a bald faced windy sir.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
storage containers -- you can live about a week or so without food -- but without water your done for *

vital needs are - #1 a steady clean source of water , #2 a steady supply of food for the short term (seeds to plant for crops for the future * and hunting /fishing equiptment to supply meat and for defense of supplies from robbers ) , #3 (meds for any medical condition you might have) #4 clothing & shelter from the elements #5 trike type adult 3 wheeled bicycle w / basket to get around on to forage and carry supplies obtained back to camp ---if one can get gas -- generator or a build a wind type turbine to power a ice box / freezer to keep food & meds that need to be kept cool long term -- #6 a steady supply of wood to provide heat to cook with and warmth (heat) in cold weather

with water , food , meds , shelter , clothing and a means of transportation and a way of defending ones self --your set . your needs are met -- lot of "wants" might not be but your needs will be.

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
ivan salis said:
storage containers -- you can live about a week or so without food -- but without water your done for *

vital needs are - #1 a steady clean source of water , #2 a steady supply of food for the short term (seeds to plant for crops for the future * and hunting /fishing equiptment to supply meat and for defense of supplies from robbers ) , #3 (meds for any medical condition you might have) #4 clothing & shelter from the elements #5 trike type adult 3 wheeled bicycle w / basket to get around on to forage and carry supplies obtained back to camp ---if one can get gas -- generator or a build a wind type turbine to power a ice box / freezer to keep food & meds that need to be kept cool long term -- #6 a steady supply of wood to provide heat to cook with and warmth (heat) in cold weather

with water , food , meds , shelter , clothing and a means of transportation and a way of defending ones self --your set . your needs are met -- lot of "wants" might not be but your needs will be.
That sounds like a lot of work. I believe I will just let the Government take care of me. LOL

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the price drop in silver is based mostly on moving paper. It fell consistently for the last month or two as funds tried to raise capital to pay dividends at year's end. I believe in another month or two, Silver will start to go back up to its previous high, and then some. More 'silver' in the pool, less it costs. Of course the PM markets are still manipulated by Goldman-Sachs, right?

The traditional price ratio of silver:gold is 16:1. Right now, it's about 50:1.

If gold drops to maintain the traditional level, silver will remain unaffected, by and large. If silver increases to maintain this traditional level, then all us Ag bugs stand to benefit. I do not see gold dropping to around $650/ozt, either. Sprott just placed a shelf order for $1.5 billion worth of silver. Not that he'll take physical delivery on all of it, but if he means to acquire even a fraction of that shelf order to offer to his fund customers, physical silver will become real scarce, real fast. Also, look at the MF holdings. There was outright theft of SN'ed and cataloged PMs to pay out the big time customers. Outright theft. It proves they were holding quite a bit of paper, and I think that by next summer, the true tale of this catastrophe will in part, push PMs higher - including silver.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...silver-premium-starts-to-fall/article2240985/

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/metal_are_in_the_pits_2arTlGNbMK7mb1uJeVHb0O

http://seekingalpha.com/article/316197-bankers-precious-metals-and-mf-global

I like junk silver (pre-'65) coins. I feel it's a hedge that goes both ways. If silver goes up, then I can cash out on the silver value. If silver drops, then it's still currency that is seen to hold value (whatever's left.) If by chance silver becomes totally devalued or worthless, then the dollar will be conversely so strong, that the 'pocket change' I have will go a long ways, and we can party like it's 1912 all over again.

Of course, the best investments right now are IMO - irrigable Land; durable hand tools; food; seeds, and a suitable combination of steel, brass & lead...

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who knows if silver will go down or up in the short term. Since it's all manipulated through the paper markets, where they are selling and naked shorting ounces that don't even exist. They know what they are doing with the printing presses and the manipulation of stocks, our Treasury Bonds, and the PM market won't work forever. But they are happy to pay any price, even the destruction of the U.S. economy, to make it work for the Bankstas and until Obama gets to his election. After then he can declare martial law if need be and keep doing what he is already doing....Which is: What ever he wants, America be damned. For the long haul silver is a steal, even at 30/ounce, if it goes down for 6 months, who cares? You just ride it back up. Of course we all like to guess the lowest bottom the best we can. I stacked up around $26.60. I just try to guess the low best I can, at each of the dips buy. The Government will knock it down a few more times so it moves in unison with the Stock Market, but soon it won't even be able to do that.......Then comes the big blow out to top side and the Bull market in ernest......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread