It all seems a bit too quiet.....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Apr 2008
    3,618
    448 times

    It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    As far as MSM reporting on the recent run up in PMs.

    Even the cable financial news outlets have not been talking too much about them considering how much they have gone up percentage wise in a couple of weeks. I guess that is a good sign. I remember last spring before the big PM dump it seemed they were talking about them quite a bit.

    My prediction is that we will either get another slam down real soon, or this recent run up is going to take silver up to 50 again (and maybe beyond). I know that is not much of a prediction saying it is either going to go up or down, but I don't feel we will see prices stabilize at these levels or have a long side ways action. This is kind of reminding me of what happened in late 2010 and into the great run up of spring 2011.

    With the Fed announcement this week and trouble brewing at a fast past in the mid east (Iran, Syria, etc), I think we are going to see some crazy bull action in PMs this year.

    Just my opinion.

    Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
    1,993
    297 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Why do you think I'm rubbing my hands together and smiling a lot. but I'm still keeping my feet planted on the ground for the moment.

  3. #3

    Apr 2008
    3,618
    448 times

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45
    Why do you think I'm rubbing my hands together and smiling a lot. but I'm still keeping my feet planted on the ground for the moment.
    Will be interesting to see what PMs do on Sunday night when the overseas markets open up. It seemed today like as long as the market was open the price was going up up up.

    Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
    1,993
    297 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jim4silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45
    Why do you think I'm rubbing my hands together and smiling a lot. but I'm still keeping my feet planted on the ground for the moment.
    Will be interesting to see what PMs do on Sunday night when the overseas markets open up. It seemed today like as long as the market was open the price was going up up up.

    Jim
    Yea but a wee bit to slow for me.

  5. #5
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    10,756
    2675 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Trying to make it to a show this Sunday. I'm a collector first, looking for collectibles. I usually only end up buying PM's. Hoping that there might be a few deals left, I doubt it. Maybe these prices still are deals

  6. #6

    Apr 2008
    3,618
    448 times

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45
    Quote Originally Posted by jim4silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45
    Why do you think I'm rubbing my hands together and smiling a lot. but I'm still keeping my feet planted on the ground for the moment.
    Will be interesting to see what PMs do on Sunday night when the overseas markets open up. It seemed today like as long as the market was open the price was going up up up.

    Jim
    Yea but a wee bit to slow for me.
    I hear ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt
    Trying to make it to a show this Sunday. I'm a collector first, looking for collectibles. I usually only end up buying PM's. Hoping that there might be a few deals left, I doubt it. Maybe these prices still are deals
    No way to know for sure FFD. The few bears posting on here a few weeks ago almost got me thinking that silver was going to 15 bucks again (it still may I guess). My short term predictions on the PM markets have been bad for the past year or so, so I only think long term. With all the printing going on and the fact that the Fed is going to keep interest rates low for another 3 years, I don't see how PMs can be a bad bet.

    It may sound crazy, but I really do see a day coming when silver is at 100 and I will look back at these prices and regret that I didn't buy more. I am already too heavy into PMs so maybe I won't have that feeling of regret, but I sure did when it almost hit 50 last time and I had stopped buying after silver broke low 20s.

    Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

  7. #7
    us
    Aug 2011
    17
    3 times

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Hi Jim, I'm pretty happy with the run up lately too. Yesterday I had an interesting discussion with someone about Greece and their possible default which looks more and more likely. A collapse of Greece would precede a massive drop in the euro and that probably means that everyone would be running to buy dollars and maybe gold. But a run up in the dollar wont be good for precious metals prices in the short term. I'm considering dumping my holdings in the next 2 weeks or so. If Greece does collapse then I'll be able to buy silver and gold at a huge discount a couple weeks after the collapse and when everyone realizes that the dollar isn't really safe they'll be running to gold or other currencies which will bring a nice rally to PMs in my opinion. What do you think?

  8. #8

    Apr 2008
    3,618
    448 times

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg10
    Hi Jim, I'm pretty happy with the run up lately too. Yesterday I had an interesting discussion with someone about Greece and their possible default which looks more and more likely. A collapse of Greece would precede a massive drop in the euro and that probably means that everyone would be running to buy dollars and maybe gold. But a run up in the dollar wont be good for precious metals prices in the short term. I'm considering dumping my holdings in the next 2 weeks or so. If Greece does collapse then I'll be able to buy silver and gold at a huge discount a couple weeks after the collapse and when everyone realizes that the dollar isn't really safe they'll be running to gold or other currencies which will bring a nice rally to PMs in my opinion. What do you think?
    I wouldn't sell my physical metals. While everything you said could come to pass, you never know with PMs these days how they will react. There have been time periods in this current bull market where gold and the dollar went in the same direction for certain time periods, which is normally not the case.

    I have not been good at timing the markets, so your strategy would not work for me. But if you know what you are doing it might work for you. For sure anyone who sold silver near 50 last spring could have almost doubled their stash if they just bought a couple of weeks ago, but that assumes one knows the exact high and low points.

    I look at my physical PMs more as an insurance policy instead of an investment, like stocks and such. But don't listen to my advice, you have to do what you are comfortable with since it is your money. If the Euro crashes and PMs tank, you'll wish you had sold. I will just buy more if that happens and not think about what I have already bought since I believe eventually the prices will be much higher than now.

    Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

  9. #9
    Cappy Z.

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....



    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    8)

  10. #10

    Apr 2008
    3,618
    448 times

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cappy Z.


    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    8)

    You were saying sell back when we were at $26-$27 just recently if I remember correctly. You missed out on a 25% or so gain in about a month. Your advice may turn out to be great in the near future, but we will have to see.

    Many people with mutual funds would dream of getting that kind of return over the course of a year let alone a month. To each his/her own though.

    Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

  11. #11
    us
    Dec 2006
    Central Minnnesota
    White's DFX & VX3
    968
    271 times

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Today I went with 2 other coin club members to a 45 table coin show in Fargo, N D. (154 miles one way) GEEZE, prices for silver coins were the highest I've ever seen. Common fine Barber dimes were $7, common fine S L quarters were $8 and $9, and common VG Seated Liberty halves were going for $44. (Picked up a F for $21.50 3 weeks ago at a pawn shop). Some decent fine silver dollars were slightly lower at $30 compared to when silver was higher. I was there for 3 hours and spent a lot.....$3.62 for a slice of pie and a cup of coffee on the way home.

  12. #12
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    10,756
    2675 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose-0
    Today I went with 2 other coin club members to a 45 table coin show in Fargo, N D. (154 miles one way) GEEZE, prices for silver coins were the highest I've ever seen. Common fine Barber dimes were $7, common fine S L quarters were $8 and $9, and common VG Seated Liberty halves were going for $44. (Picked up a F for $21.50 3 weeks ago at a pawn shop). Some decent fine silver dollars were slightly lower at $30 compared to when silver was higher. I was there for 3 hours and spent a lot.....$3.62 for a slice of pie and a cup of coffee on the way home.
    At least the prices at your show seem like a bargain if you're shopping ebay. I'm hitting a local monthly show today to sample the wares. The seated half prices sound about normal to me. Sometimes I'll show up late hoping for a bargain. You may have experienced sticker shock, but those numbers don't sound too unrealistic, and may be a deal in the long run.

  13. #13
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,955
    432 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: It all seems a bit too quiet.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cappy Z.


    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    8)
    Did that Saturday morning. Turned 6 5 oz bricks of silver into a 1899-s Double Eagle that I had
    on layaway at my coin shop. Bought in December when silver $27 and sold all at 98.7% of spot
    yesterday to go towards the remaining balance on the AU. I think on Monday, AG will decline again
    to $30.00 and continue its hold status.
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0