Hello

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering the same thing. Since I don't have any valuable insight into the PM market I come here to read everybody elses. Come on guys throw an old dog a bone.:dontknow:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately its just Jim and Marchas holding down the fort, Jim has as always been posting some great info on his details of the head and shoulders trending.

Probably since we have been stalled in this low 30's range with no big ups or downs there isn't a whole lot to discuss right now.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're still here, just reading eleswhere what's happening with the Manipulators who are trying their darndest to hold the price of Silver down but they are on their last legs as they are getting flack from all sides. Buy Buy Buy, Stack! Stack! Stack!
I just got a great deal on a couple of rolls of AE'sMonday and the guy even delivered. There are deals to be had out there as some investors are cashing in as they can't hanle the agony. Lol

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Not much going on in the PM world it would seem, but is that really the case? From some reports I have read, it appears that large amounts of gold are being purchased by some of the BRIC nations (Russia, China, India) as well as some others (Mexico bought close to 100 tons in Feb and March this year). It seems that as the paper price is getting pushed down, large central banks are using the opportunity to buy large amounts of bullion. I wonder what they know?

There have also been some movements of large amounts of silver bullion in the Comex vaults according to some reports. The writers of the articles don't say what this means, but that it is somewhat odd and probably means something is going on or expected to happens soon with respect to silver. Whether this is bullish or bearish on the near term prices nobody knows. A good site that talks about this and other silver issues is Silver Doctors.

One interesting detail about the silver price now is how well it has held up considering how much investment has left the paper silver markets in past few months, from the likes of hedge funds and other investment and speculative entities. Now that the stock market is seemingly on a roll, a lot of that cash has gone back into it I assume. Even so, silver has been steady in the low 30's. If/when silver becomes the new in-thing again and the hedge funds dive back in, I think we will see another run up to 50 pretty swiftly. Also, another round of QE will happen someday. I cannot say when, but I don't believe our economy is near any recovery and to keep things rolling along I expect more QE from the fed. I heard something on one of the cable financial news networks recently, the female correspondent was talking to some stock guy (hedge fund manager?) after the fed said no more QE for a while, and she asked him (paraphrasing) "why would anyone want to invest more in the stock market now in light of the fed saying no more QE for the time being?". What struck me about that is it is almost expected that they will QE and/or in the alternative, why invest UNLESS we have QE to keep the market's blood pumping. How sad is that? What ever happened to investing in the stock market because the country is doing well economically by producing things and selling them here and elsewhere, etc., not because of some infused $$$$$ coming out of thin air is finding its way into the market to help keep prices rising?

I still maintain we will not see any monumental runs into the high double digits or triple digits in silver unless something really big (and bad) happens, like euro collapse, big time dollar problems, default on paper market PM deliveries, WW3, etc. But sadly, as each day goes on, the likelihood of one or more of these "really big and bad happenings" taking place seems more possible.

For those who believe in PMs, I think now is a great time to accumulate silver and gold. One day we will look back on these price levels and wish we bought more. If I had more available investment cash now I would still be adding large amounts to the stash, but now can afford to dollar cost average small amounts each month like I have been doing. I have not been a PM person for too long (only 6 years or so) but I remember the feeling when silver was ready to break 50 and I had stopped buying it at 20 or so because paying any more than that was "crazy". I know for myself, if/when silver takes off again I will not be buying any at the higher prices ($35 is the self imposed limit I set a while back).

I guess it is always possible that PMs will never go back up or will drop to low levels, but that would require: the dollar will recover, the euro will recover, our economy will recover, the gov will not raise the debt ceiling any more, there will be gov fiscal surpluses instead of deficits each year, all gov $$$$ handouts will be reduced drastically so the gov debt can be paid down, etc. Unfortunately, I don't see any of these good things happening any time soon, but I wish these good events would happen, because I would rather see my business improve and make more $$$$$ that way instead of needing to buy PMs as "insurance" against the chance of the bad things taking place.

All above just my opinion.

Jim

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much going on in the PM world it would seem, but is that really the case? From some reports I have read, it appears that large amounts of gold are being purchased by some of the BRIC nations (Russia, China, India) as well as some others (Mexico bought close to 100 tons in Feb and March this year). It seems that as the paper price is getting pushed down, large central banks are using the opportunity to buy large amounts of bullion. I wonder what they know?

There have also been some movements of large amounts of silver bullion in the Comex vaults according to some reports. The writers of the articles don't say what this means, but that it is somewhat odd and probably means something is going on or expected to happens soon with respect to silver. Whether this is bullish or bearish on the near term prices nobody knows. A good site that talks about this and other silver issues is Silver Doctors.

One interesting detail about the silver price now is how well it has held up considering how much investment has left the paper silver markets in past few months, from the likes of hedge funds and other investment and speculative entities. Now that the stock market is seemingly on a roll, a lot of that cash has gone back into it I assume. Even so, silver has been steady in the low 30's. If/when silver becomes the new in-thing again and the hedge funds dive back in, I think we will see another run up to 50 pretty swiftly. Also, another round of QE will happen someday. I cannot say when, but I don't believe our economy is near any recovery and to keep things rolling along I expect more QE from the fed. I heard something on one of the cable financial news networks recently, the female correspondent was talking to some stock guy (hedge fund manager?) after the fed said no more QE for a while, and she asked him (paraphrasing) "why would anyone want to invest more in the stock market now in light of the fed saying no more QE for the time being?". What struck me about that is it is almost expected that they will QE and/or in the alternative, why invest UNLESS we have QE to keep the market's blood pumping. How sad is that? What ever happened to investing in the stock market because the country is doing well economically by producing things and selling them here and elsewhere, etc., not because of some infused $$$$$ coming out of thin air is finding its way into the market to help keep prices rising?

I still maintain we will not see any monumental runs into the high double digits or triple digits in silver unless something really big (and bad) happens, like euro collapse, big time dollar problems, default on paper market PM deliveries, WW3, etc. But sadly, as each day goes on, the likelihood of one or more of these "really big and bad happenings" taking place seems more possible.

For those who believe in PMs, I think now is a great time to accumulate silver and gold. One day we will look back on these price levels and wish we bought more. If I had more available investment cash now I would still be adding large amounts to the stash, but now can afford to dollar cost average small amounts each month like I have been doing. I have not been a PM person for too long (only 6 years or so) but I remember the feeling when silver was ready to break 50 and I had stopped buying it at 20 or so because paying any more than that was "crazy". I know for myself, if/when silver takes off again I will not be buying any at the higher prices ($35 is the self imposed limit I set a while back).

I guess it is always possible that PMs will never go back up or will drop to low levels, but that would require: the dollar will recover, the euro will recover, our economy will recover, the gov will not raise the debt ceiling any more, there will be gov fiscal surpluses instead of deficits each year, all gov $$$$ handouts will be reduced drastically so the gov debt can be paid down, etc. Unfortunately, I don't see any of these good things happening any time soon, but I wish these good events would happen, because I would rather see my business improve and make more $$$$$ that way instead of needing to buy PMs as "insurance" against the chance of the bad things taking place.

All above just my opinion.

Jim

We missed your posts. Hope you didn't have the flu like I did last week. WELCOME BACK...........:occasion14:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Jim nice to read your comments again, I've been over on Doc's site most of the time as nothing has been happening here, glad you told me about it. Already won two 1oz Silver rounds. Yahoo! Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread