apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Westminister Mint has AE's at $33.27 each. This includes shipping. I wanted to add 10 Eagles to my silver collection.

I have bought with this company before. My only complaint is that it takes over 3 weeks to obtain my order. Should I hold out, or does anyone know of a better deal? Just wanted to buy a bit while silver is down.

Apush

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Apush as long as they send them. If it takes 3,4,5 weeks it doesn't matter as long as your stacking them anyway. Get the silver anyway you can at these prices as I don't see the price lasting long. Charlie

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
That is not a bad price for Eagles including shipping I guess. Locally, they want about 3 bucks over melt per coin for 2012 coins.

Personally though, I don't really understand why so many like the ASEs. I would rather get either nice junk halves for spot or below, or .999 generic for less than a buck over melt. When you go to sell you will lose some of that premium relative to what you pay with ASEs. But I am basing that on the local buy/sell spreads. It may be better in your area.

The tightest spreads here are for 10 oz generic bars, followed by 1 oz generic bars. Since you only mentioned getting 10 coins it really doesn't matter much. But if you were making a larger purchase, you could get more ounces of silver for your $$$$$ getting something other than ASEs.

Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a link on another group I beling too: Realcent.org • View topic - Trade Mint Fresh 999 1 oz rounds for your scrap silver

He is taking your old silver (and at a profit, which I am not against) trading it for silver rounds from Golden State Mint.

I am thinking of going that way with a bunch of scrap I have.
But I feel his profit might be a bit too much.

If silver was at $30 oz he wants 41.4 grams of sterling (.925)
That has a silver value of $36.94
I could melt that sterling and get $33.25
The 1 oz round value is $30

If that made sense does anyone think it is a good move? I have a lot of scrap in all types of purity.
I am so used to paying way under melt it is hard to me to think about paying over spot.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a generic round I think that premium is to much. you'd be better off selling it yourself and buying generic rounds from apmex or provident, or for that price of 33.25 you could ASE's from provident if you were inclined more towards govt issued bullion

Apush- I think thats a good deal if the price includes shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread