Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theodore Butler
| July 23, 2012 - 10:32am

It has taken more than 25 years for me to fully comprehend a conclusion that I never wanted to reach, namely, that there is an organized war against the price of silver that has come to include the US Government. I think the US Government involvement came into being almost accidently, but even if it was an accident of sorts, that does not diminish the serious nature of what must be described as illegal activity at the highest levels. I am conflicted between feelings of sadness and outrage.

Starting around 1985, I became convinced that the price of silver was being manipulated by collusive and concentrated short selling by certain commercial entities on the world’s leading precious metals commodity exchange, the COMEX. Having a background in futures trading going back to 1972, it dawned on me that the concentrated and orchestrated short selling was dominating and, therefore, manipulating the price of silver. The very first thing I did after this discovery was to petition the regulators at the CFTC and the COMEX to alert them to the existence of the most serious market crime possible. My petitions fell on deaf ears but I continued to petition them through the present. Since this was in the pre-Internet era, I was limited in convincing others of the silver manipulation due to distribution restrictions. Communication was very different 25 years ago.

The War on Silver | SilverSeek.com

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
read this earlier today, was a great read, T.B. always has good material.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO I e-mailed Clinton direct and recieved a reply, "We are working on it," was the reply. Yea right. Keep Stacking it's going up.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are most likely right on target. Years ago I read a lengthy report on how one outfit, Du Bouis, badly misspelled, but sounds something like it, controlled the world's market price on diamonds. Could be done with silver.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are most likely right on target. Years ago I read a lengthy report on how one outfit, Du Bouis, badly misspelled, but sounds something like it, controlled the world's market price on diamonds. Could be done with silver.

:laughing7: De Beers

formed as a group of producers whose goal it was to fix prices, control supply and limit competition

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it that we should be so concerned? If we feel this way (as I do) we just need to go long and wait for it to break out. With gold/silver at 58+, it will likely be sooner than later.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Big thing wrong with silver buyers & Investors, they always wait till it is going up
& Overpriced before buying.

When silver hit $45 an oz. they were all buying, then as soon as it hit $50 they started selling making a quick $5 per.

and caused a Major fear sell off.

Now it's down to what ? $27 & Nobody wants it :tongue3:

No patience in investors. they should be buying & Hoarding.

Personally I'll buy & Hoard at $5.00 an oz. But I Don't have millions to invest, or I'd be doing it now

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver has held its own lately relative to gold. What about the triple leveraged ETFs that trade based on the daily price movements? It's the derivatives that tilt wall street in favor of the institutional players, not the physical PMs.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what your reading Jeff but there are plenty of people buying Physical including me and lots of Stackers on my other forum. As for the derivatives market that's the one to watch, not stocks, oil, dollar, euro, economy. When the derivatives collapse then TSWHTF. IMO Keep Stacking not for wealth but survival.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't know what your reading Jeff but there are plenty of people buying Physical including me and lots of Stackers on my other forum. As for the derivatives market that's the one to watch, not stocks, oil, dollar, euro, economy. When the derivatives collapse then TSWHTF. IMO Keep Stacking not for wealth but survival.

Charlie,

I think Jeff is correct, but with respect to the investing "masses" in general, as opposed to PM bugs like you and me. Right now there is not much interest in silver as far as mainstream investors go. There are even many supposed PM bugs who keep waiting for silver to hit 20 before they get more. I believe such folks will be disappointed and will probably wind up paying 30 instead down the road once silver takes off again.

Back in the run up to 50 in 2011, there was more interest in silver as it was daily gaining press coverage and the investing masses wanted to jump on the train make a quick return. Hedge funds and such were jumping in and helping to push it higher.

Also some theories are floating around online that during that relatively short time silver blasted up from 20 to near 50, the massive short seller often discussed was not shorting the large amounts like normal, then they allegedly started back up as it got closer to 50. I don't know if that is true or not but it sounds plausible based on how fast and high silver ran during that time.

Seems to me that right now the "smart money" is buying gold and silver. We will see in the (near) future just how smart such folks (like you and me :icon_thumright:) are. Once silver gets back into the mid 30s and shows some strength, the large investors like hedge funds and such will probably jump back, which will further add to silver's momentum. The masses will jump in when silver is near 50 again, and even they will make some decent gains as silver finally blasts through 50 this next time, on its way to 100 (and beyond?).

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread