us silver currency

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
The U.S couldent keep up production because everyone would simply be hoarding as much as they could. Prices would decrease at first because of supply but suddenly skyrocket.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I sayz it once and I says it 'gain, if we were to use silver for coins again the coins would have to be much smaller as da price would skyrocket

OP
OP
drewbaccas

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
Lets say the coins were just like what we have now size and look but only a percentage of silver that would be equivalent to the face value of said coin.

Drewbaccas

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will never happen. There are many good reasons why we went off of the gold and silver standards. These same reasons would doom any future attempt.

OP
OP
drewbaccas

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
What about states authorizing the use of gold and silver coin like ASE fot legal currency?

Drewbaccas

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These "laws" authorizing them as such aren't actually real laws because it is already totally legal for shop keepers and individuals to accept silver coins like ASE's as payment. To my knowledge, none of the state governments authorizing these coins as "legal currency" are actually accepting them as payment for taxes and such. So these aren't real "laws" as much as they are propaganda in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread