Silver getting slammed in the foreign markets tonight

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was super heavy into silver and gold in 1980.....

Lost my butt shall we say.

But seeing now, I think it is a GREAT thing it's falling.

And know ye it shall return.

But be patient, and be smart. Examine what is important to you, and realize the value of paper money in the future - and of course the value of food!

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the US markets helped it recover. I read somewhere that COMEX had to halt trading 4 times due to the massive drop in the Asian markets. Who knows how low it could have gone if they hadn't intervened.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like the US markets helped it recover. I read somewhere that COMEX had to halt trading 4 times due to the massive drop in the Asian markets. Who knows how low it could have gone if they hadn't intervened.

Actually the Comex was not open when the drop happened. CME who controls the Comex also controls the Nymex. But the market open when the crash happened is called the Globex. I don't know exactly the diff between the Comex and Globex but they are two different animals.

Jim

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the Comex was not open when the drop happened. CME who controls the Comex also controls the Nymex. But the market open when the crash happened is called the Globex. I don't know exactly the diff between the Comex and Globex but they are two different animals.

Jim

I see. The article I read definitely said the COMEX stopped trading so they must have meant the Globex. Looks like silver and gold have made back the losses and then some. :)

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little hiccup in the climb back up. Yep it was the CME that stopped for 20 seconds each time. One guy said that it was basically designed to prevent stop loss order after stop loss order being triggered. Keep Stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread