Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I predicted silver to drop to $16.00 when it was over $40.00 an ounce. I believe silver will bottom out between $8.00 and $9.00.

Dawg I hope so. I be stacking till I be collapsing

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is surely afoot.... This morning's TV ads had a weird one... I saw a gold ad where the company is selling gold for "no premium markup". Silver has got to be in the same sinking boat.... Keeping physical metals in your life is going to force many Keepers to twist and squirm trying to decide when to use or what to lose. The needs of a family and the long road ahead, full of jolts and bumps, will weed out the majority of "Average Joes" well ahead of any rocketing PM prices. Going to pure cash, when the dollar is discounted 40% or more, and no foundational gold/silver at home to hang on to, what's left?

The low PM values are just a symptom, like a runny nose and aching joints & muscles, of the real standard of living decline all of us are going to face.... For me, it's not the change, unstable climate, food and water stored somewhere appearing in the first year of living in a lower lifestyle, what worries me is what I'm going to do for the second and third year and onward trying to keep a roof over my head, taxes paid, and unforeseen health and medical issues of a descending quality of life...

Last edited:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fine... when it hits near $47.00 again in 20 years, i'm selling!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fine... when it hits near $47.00 again in 20 years, i'm selling!

$47.00 in 15 years when I retire. I have been buying roughly 20 toz a month for the past year or so.
Lately I have been paying 211.00 for a ten toz bar each month. At that rate 20 * 12 * 15 = 3,600 toz * 47.00 = $169,200.00 to help our retirement income out.
If it drops much lower then I am going to start adding an oz of gold every other month instead of silver, couple times a year as well.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I predicted silver to drop to $16.00 when it was over $40.00 an ounce. I believe silver will bottom out between $8.00 and $9.00.

Your prediction has not materialized yet. You might in fact turn out to be correct (I doubt there will be any phys at that price if it is a quick price drop), but that remains to be seen.

Jim

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years...75 oz easy probably ,much more

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your prediction has not materialized yet. You might in fact turn out to be correct (I doubt there will be any phys at that price if it is a quick price drop), but that remains to be seen.

Jim

18 and change this morning.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
18 and change this morning.

16 and 18.50 are not the same. I am not saying 16 won't happen, hell it may happen this afternoon, but until it happens those who made such predictions are not yet vindicated so to speak. I believe we may very well see 16 in the paper markets. My disagreement with some of the resident bears is that I believe $16 or thereabouts won't last for a long time.
Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO Man when the PM's get hit the so called Gurus come out. This is the most activity I've seen on these boards in a while. Hell I just bought 40 oz's on the dip this morning from SilverTowne at $876 shipped and I'll buy more this weekend if it goes down some more. Plus I bought 40 oz's last week on the last dip. Keep Stacking

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
16 and 18.50 are not the same. I am not saying 16 won't happen, hell it may happen this afternoon, but until it happens those who made such predictions are not yet vindicated so to speak. I believe we may very well see 16 in the paper markets. My disagreement with some of the resident bears is that I believe $16 or thereabouts won't last for a long time.
Jim
When people were saying silver would go over $100 I was saying it would go to $16. It is a lot closer to $16 than $100. I will agree when it gets to $16 it will not last long because it will drop to $15 and keep going.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
When people were saying silver would go over $100 I was saying it would go to $16. It is a lot closer to $16 than $100. I will agree when it gets to $16 it will not last long because it will drop to $15 and keep going.

I applaud your accuracy in calling the markets. Hopefully you utilized your wisdom and shorted silver and gold and made a bunch of money while us PM bugs are losing our a$$e$ (on paper as they say).

If you didn't make any money off the call, then I am not so impressed.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I didn't mean anything by my post of $18.00 and change. Just amazed that my fiat can by a load more of silver than it used to.

As my friend Charley says, "I am stacking, stacking and stacking".
If it does go to $16.00, outstanding, better if it goes to $10.00. Dad always taught me not to follow the crowd, the crowd is
abandoning PM's and we are stacking. Seems that we are going to be more prepared when it goes back up. I do not see
it rising as fast as it did two years ago, but it will go up. It has to.

Hyper-inflation is something that has been mentioned here oft and on. Has anybody looked at groceries lately.
A case of beer used to cost $15.00, that same $15.00 dollars will only buy 18 cans/bottles.
Look at milk, up over $1.25 in the past six months - Did alot of the cows go dry?
Check out soda - no cases anymore but a case used to cost around $5.00 a year ago, now you can get
three 12 packs for $4.00 a piece. Check out meat, guess we have ate our way through all the cows
in the world because it has tripled in price in less than a year. Don't even look at cheese. Just this
past week, the cheese I used to buy for 6.99 a pound is now 9.99 a pound (Deli - Boarshead).
Explain a $3.00 increase in less then six months. Look at other things, Insurance, gasoline,
power bills and so on. It has been over Five years since I have had a raise and have lost
six days a year to furlough (Pay Cut - Once taken never given back).

Hyper-Inflation is here, they just downsized what you buy and charge the same price.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Jim, I didn't mean anything by my post of $18.00 and change. Just amazed that my fiat can by a load more of silver than it used to.

As my friend Charley says, "I am stacking, stacking and stacking".
If it does go to $16.00, outstanding, better if it goes to $10.00. Dad always taught me not to follow the crowd, the crowd is
abandoning PM's and we are stacking. Seems that we are going to be more prepared when it goes back up. I do not see
it rising as fast as it did two years ago, but it will go up. It has to.

Hyper-inflation is something that has been mentioned here oft and on. Has anybody looked at groceries lately.
A case of beer used to cost $15.00, that same $15.00 dollars will only buy 18 cans/bottles.
Look at milk, up over $1.25 in the past six months - Did alot of the cows go dry?
Check out soda - no cases anymore but a case used to cost around $5.00 a year ago, now you can get
three 12 packs for $4.00 a piece. Check out meat, guess we have ate our way through all the cows
in the world because it has tripled in price in less than a year. Don't even look at cheese. Just this
past week, the cheese I used to buy for 6.99 a pound is now 9.99 a pound (Deli - Boarshead).
Explain a $3.00 increase in less then six months. Look at other things, Insurance, gasoline,
power bills and so on. It has been over Five years since I have had a raise and have lost
six days a year to furlough (Pay Cut - Once taken never given back).

Hyper-Inflation is here, they just downsized what you buy and charge the same price.

I agree with all you said Freedom. My prior post was in response to those celebrating a call for 16 when we are not there yet. We might be there tomorrow or next week, but at the same time we might not.

Jim

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a big difference between "hyperinflation" and a slow increase in inflation to the tune of about 10%... Let's not fall into the trap of using binary thinking.

Let's also not confuse "inflation" with "profit taking". Many of these price increases have been long overdue and many retailers could be raising prices in unison because they simply can't afford not to take the profits anymore when they can. Competition has been fierce in the grocery business for many years. When looking at inflation you need to look at many factors. It's not enough to look at one type of good/service (like health insurance for example) and then proclaim hyperinflation is here because it jumped by 10%-20% in a given year. Of course, the opposite is true as well. You can't claim low inflation numbers by picking and choosing what you decide to consider in your equation.

In the end, inflation is something that must be looked at broadly and over a multi-year period. Many people claim that the government misquotes inflation values. This may be true to a small extent. But it can't be true to a large extent because being way off on your inflation numbers will compound year after year causing huge, obvious discrepencies in expected prices. It is very difficult to fudge compounding rates without it being very obvious over the long term.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still planning on starting to Buy at $6.00,
Quit buying at $8.00

after which the first time it Hit's $60 I'll cash out

Hopefully by then I have a million worth :laughing7:

Last edited:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LET'S CELEBRATE PHYSICAL STACKERS

For months we having been listening to all the wise men telling us, the spot is going going down, down, down and know they have been pushing the spot down, down, down but today is the first day in months that Silver has went up over $1.00

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For months we having been listening to all the wise men telling us, the spot is going going down, down, down and know they have been pushing the spot down, down, down but today is the first day in months that Silver has went up over $1.00

Yes, the manipulators were out in full force Friday pushing the price back up by over a dollar so they could take some profits.... Those darn manipulators. Why can't they let the price fall to where it should be: $16. That's just slightly above the average yearly inflation adjusted price since 1964 (which is $14.90). :thumbsup:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Yes, the manipulators were out in full force Friday pushing the price back up by over a dollar so they could take some profits.... Those darn manipulators. Why can't they let the price fall to where it should be: $16. That's just slightly above the average yearly inflation adjusted price since 1964 (which is $14.90). :thumbsup:

I believe many folks misunderstand the alleged "manipulation" going on in some of the PM paper markets. The real problem is not the "players" per se, but the "game" itself (ever hear that phrase "don't hate the player, hate the game"?).

The fact is that multiple millions worth of "gold" and "silver" can be traded without one ounce of real metals entering into the equation. This is the problem with the "game", because basically any entity or group of entities with enough monetary backing can push the paper markets in the direction they want. They basically are buying and selling paper metals in amounts that dwarf annual production numbers in just a couple of days trading. Normally that would not be a big deal in that all parties involved understand the risks and such. But in the real world, the physical price of real gold and silver is based on these paper markets, and it leads to price movements in the physical metals that are not based on the actual metals' supply and demand factors, but instead dependent on which way the big money wants to push the market via paper trades.

So TreasurePirate, to answer your question, if a group wants to go long and does today what the shorts have been doing over the last 2 years, then yes the price can be manipulated upwards too.

I personally don't hold any animosity towards any group(s) allegedly "manipulating" the gold and silver markets. They are simply taking advantage of the "game" as it is set up. Some day though the demand for real, physical metals will be so strong it will finally break physical prices from the paper markets.

Just my opinion.

Jim

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe many folks misunderstand the alleged "manipulation" going on in some of the PM paper markets. The real problem is not the "players" per se, but the "game" itself (ever hear that phrase "don't hate the player, hate the game"?).

The fact is that multiple millions worth of "gold" and "silver" can be traded without one ounce of real metals entering into the equation. This is the problem with the "game", because basically any entity or group of entities with enough monetary backing can push the paper markets in the direction they want. They basically are buying and selling paper metals in amounts that dwarf annual production numbers in just a couple of days trading. Normally that would not be a big deal in that all parties involved understand the risks and such. But in the real world, the physical price of real gold and silver is based on these paper markets, and it leads to price movements in the physical metals that are not based on the actual metals' supply and demand factors, but instead dependent on which way the big money wants to push the market via paper trades.

So TreasurePirate, to answer your question, if a group wants to go long and does today what the shorts have been doing over the last 2 years, then yes the price can be manipulated upwards too.

I personally don't hold any animosity towards any group(s) allegedly "manipulating" the gold and silver markets. They are simply taking advantage of the "game" as it is set up. Some day though the demand for real, physical metals will be so strong it will finally break physical prices from the paper markets.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Very well said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions