jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With gold breaking the $1,200 level, today a legend in the business warned King World News that continued manipulation by Western governments in the gold market is now destroying future gold supply. Keith Barron, who consults with major companies around the world and is responsible for one of the largest gold discoveries in the last quarter century, also warned KWN that available physical supplies of gold are disappearing as the plunge in the gold price intensifies to the downside.

:tongue3: dispite what the link below says, this is NOT.............

My Blog

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hmmm, if the supplies are disappearing wouldn't the price be going up?
besides the commercials during rush's show keep telling me gold and silver are about to double

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
besides the commercials during rush's show keep telling me gold and silver are about to double

I agree .

Only reason it can be dropping , that makes sense to me is manipulation.

As for rush, & his cronies, if he/they told me there was a Hurricane outside,
I'd pack up my detector & go detecting

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny.... when the price goes below "average cash cost" of production, everyone screems "The mines are closing! Supply will dwindle and the price will skyrocket!". Where were these same people when the price went UP and countless new mines OPENED? The supply potential was suddently much higher. And yet... the price kept going up didn't it? If the supply goes up wouldn't you think the price would go down? Well clearly it isn't that simple. Something tells me these attempts to coerce us into believing that there is a supply/demand problem are eventually going to be exposed for exactly what they really are: bullcrap. The world is much more complex than what Econ 101 simplifications can model.

Nature has a way of balancing everything out. If anything, mines closing should be a clear indicator that the demand for gold and silver just isn't there. And once these troubled mines close, the average industry cash cost of mining gold and silver will go down. It will all balance out in the end.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit I haven't tried buying any, but I wonder if there is any problem buying. Would manipulation lowering the price, is the intention to get it cheaper? When the average owner getting scared and selling?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree .

Yes, I agree. There WAS manipulation. I just think you have it in the wrong direction. Countless new mines opened up and created plenty of new gold and silver on the market. And yet, the price still went up. Could it be that the "manipulators" were the panicked people, bankers, and investors who drove the price of gold and silver way beyond what common sense could explain? Why is it that people only claim manipulation when the price goes down? Considering that the average yearly inflation adjusted price of gold and silver since 1964 are $670 and $14.90 respectively, how can we explain gold and silver prices of $1900 and $49? It's awfully hard not to look at those prices and the trend we've seen over the last 2 years and not think that perhaps the manipulation was going in the opposite direction from what most people want to believe...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad that at least gas prices aren't manipulated :tongue3:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry TP I still say they are manipulated down but I'm happy today as this is the first times in months that the price of Silver has went up over a dollar in a day. Woo Hoo you Paper Stackers. Keep Stacking the Physical.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry TP I still say they are manipulated down but I'm happy today as this is the first times in months that the price of Silver has went up over a dollar in a day. Woo Hoo you Paper Stackers. Keep Stacking the Physical.

Wonder why it went up so much today? Couldn't it be manipulation to the upside? If I found that my belief system required that I only acknowledge manipulation in one direction I think I'd start to wonder if my belief system was correct. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I agree. There WAS manipulation. I just think you have it in the wrong direction. Countless new mines opened up and created plenty of new gold and silver on the market. And yet, the price still went up. Could it be that the "manipulators" were the panicked people, bankers, and investors who drove the price of gold and silver way beyond what common sense could explain? Why is it that people only claim manipulation when the price goes down? Considering that the average yearly inflation adjusted price of gold and silver since 1964 are $670 and $14.90 respectively, how can we explain gold and silver prices of $1900 and $49? It's awfully hard not to look at those prices and the trend we've seen over the last 2 years and not think that perhaps the manipulation was going in the opposite direction from what most people want to believe...

look at oil.

All the time gold & silver were rising, so was oil, every time gold & silver took a slight drop,
so did oil. all of a sudden Oil stayed up & gold & silver dove off the edge
making oil prices the hardest thing for Producers of gold & silver to live with.

This, I believe is the main complaint of Gold Mines, fuel Prices.

Who is doing the Manipulating, I don't know, but somewhere Someone is in my opinion.

In all Honesty it all confuses me though :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder why it went up so much today? Couldn't it be manipulation to the upside? If I found that my belief system required that I only acknowledge manipulation in one direction I think I'd start to wonder if my belief system was correct. :thumbsup:

I do believe there are a Few people who, when they speak,
Investors follow like Hypnotized Zombies, perhaps one of them wanted to sell theirs,
so they said
gold will rise a little now, So every Follower put a Buy order in.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really be surprised if it doesn't Bounce Soon.
I really don't see $4.00 Silver & $315 Gold any more

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't going to start trending up but no one it hots sub $7. So long as expansion is occurring it will go down. Those of you wanting to buy, wait till the next election. Those wanting to stack, PMs will keep a general downward trend for at least a year or two.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Yes TreasurePirate (now officially known as Bradley), I too believe that when silver and gold topped in 2011 it was manipulation going "in the opposite direction".

I would never want to put words in your mouth my friend.

Jim

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes TreasurePirate (now officially known as Bradley), I too believe that when silver and gold topped in 2011 it was manipulation going "in the opposite direction".

I would never want to put words in your mouth my friend.

Jim

It's called "tongue in cheek".

I also said: 'Wonder why it went up so much today? Couldn't it be manipulation to the upside? If I found that my belief system required that I only acknowledge manipulation in one direction I think I'd start to wonder if my belief system was correct. "

Can you not hear that sarcasm? I think you did at the time. How convenient it is for you to ignore that now. My point was clearly that people always only scream manipulation when the price is going down. I was poking fun at this belief.

I have also said in the past that: (paraphrasing)

I believe manipulation occurs. Why? Because people are always trying to manipulate the price both ways. Some push it up, some push it down. It isn't a question of whether or not manipulation occurs. It is a question of to what extent and in what direction. If I told you that a group of people had managed to "manipulate" the price down by 10 cents an ounce you would reply "so what?". But that would be "proof" of manipulation right? Anyone can scream "manipulation". The question is "how much" and does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? If you believe the price of silver should be $100 but it is only $18 and the only answer you have for that is "manipulation", then you'd better be able to logically show that the manipulation you believe exists could really be of that magnitude. If not, then you are likely wrong in your beliefs.

Have I said things in the past that were wrong? Absolutely! Will I say more things in the future that are wrong? Absolutely! But I will always listen to logic so that I can learn as much as I can. And if that logic tells me that my world view is wrong, I'll try to figure out why.

You need to really stop trying to fit me into a box. If you truly want to understand what I'm saying then you need to get rid of your preconceived notions and really start listening. This nonsense of taking everything I say, twisting it to try and discredit me, and then backtracking or doing more twisting when I correct your mistake is really getting old.

The big question in my mind is why do you insist on trying to discredit me? Why are you the only one out here who consistently runs into these conversations and get all confrontational? Marchas doesn't do it... Jeff doesn't do it. No one else does it. You made a comment in another thread saying that you didn't understand why I was picking on YOU. Well, I wasn't. It just so happens that you were the only one who insisted on debating the issue to the point where it got out of hand. No one else was doing that. Just you.

So why do my beliefs bother you so much? I have a suspicion. But you should look in the mirror and ask yourself this question. Is it frustration? Is it fear? Do you just not like me personally? Does my message make you uncomfortable?

Whether you realize it or not, my post in that other thread was not aimed at you. I was not "picking on you". But you came in and started trying to discredit me. And this lame attempt in this thread is proof positive that you are picking on ME and not the other way around. That's ok, I can take it, but don't sit here and play all innocent when you clearly went out of your way in both cases to be confrontational when no one else was. The proof is in the threads. Go back and read it with an open mind.....

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It's called "tongue in cheek".

I also said: 'Wonder why it went up so much today? Couldn't it be manipulation to the upside? If I found that my belief system required that I only acknowledge manipulation in one direction I think I'd start to wonder if my belief system was correct. "

Can you not hear that sarcasm? I think you did at the time. How convenient it is for you to ignore that now. My point was clearly that people always only scream manipulation when the price is going down. I was poking fun at this belief.

I have also said in the past that: (paraphrasing)

I believe manipulation occurs. Why? Because people are always trying to manipulate the price both ways. Some push it up, some push it down. It isn't a question of whether or not manipulation occurs. It is a question of to what extent and in what direction. If I told you that a group of people had managed to "manipulate" the price down by 10 cents an ounce you would reply "so what?". But that would be "proof" of manipulation right? Anyone can scream "manipulation". The question is "how much" and does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? If you believe the price of silver should be $100 but it is only $18 and the only answer you have for that is "manipulation", then you'd better be able to logically show that the manipulation you believe exists could really be of that magnitude. If not, then you are likely wrong in your beliefs.

Have I said things in the past that were wrong? Absolutely! Will I say more things in the future that are wrong? Absolutely! But I will always listen to logic so that I can learn as much as I can. And if that logic tells me that my world view is wrong, I'll try to figure out why.

You need to really stop trying to fit me into a box. If you truly want to understand what I'm saying then you need to get rid of your preconceived notions and really start listening. This nonsense of taking everything I say, twisting it to try and discredit me, and then backtracking or doing more twisting when I correct your mistake is really getting old.

The big question in my mind is why do you insist on trying to discredit me? Why are you the only one out here who consistently runs into these conversations and get all confrontational? Marchas doesn't do it... Jeff doesn't do it. No one else does it. You made a comment in another thread saying that you didn't understand why I was picking on YOU. Well, I wasn't. It just so happens that you were the only one who insisted on debating the issue to the point where it got out of hand. No one else was doing that. Just you.

So why do my beliefs bother you so much? I have a suspicion. But you should look in the mirror and ask yourself this question. Is it frustration? Is it fear? Do you just not like me personally? Does my message make you uncomfortable?

Whether you realize it or not, my post in that other thread was not aimed at you. I was not "picking on you". But you came in and started trying to discredit me. And this lame attempt in this thread is proof positive that you are picking on ME and not the other way around. That's ok, I can take it, but don't sit here and play all innocent when you clearly went out of your way in both cases to be confrontational when no one else was. The proof is in the threads. Go back and read it with an open mind.....

Here is the deal. I actually thought I was agreeing with you. Back then I didn't believe that the move up was manipulation (which I have since come to believe). Due our many past "debates" I remember many of your positions on issues because often we disagreed. When I saw your post today I was surprised to see a different argument and was curious.

I am here to learn and hopefully make money. You seem to think I am something I am not because our views differ. That's fine have your opinion. Just because you got the silver price call right does not mean you will be right in the future.

However I won't accept someone eluding, hinting, etc that I am putting words in their mouths or making things up. If I am wrong I admit it. Your past view on upward manipulation was spouted more than in just that tread but who really cares.

Jim

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree .

Isn't Rush a Polit____ figure? Should we move this thread?

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the deal. I actually thought I was agreeing with you. Back then I didn't believe that the move up was manipulation (which I have since come to believe). Due our many past "debates" I remember many of your positions on issues because often we disagreed. When I saw your post today I was surprised to see a different argument and was curious.

I am here to learn and hopefully make money. You seem to think I am something I am not because our views differ. That's fine have your opinion. Just because you got the silver price call right does not mean you will be right in the future.

However I won't accept someone eluding, hinting, etc that I am putting words in their mouths or making things up. If I am wrong I admit it. Your past view on upward manipulation was spouted more than in just that tread but who really cares.

Jim

I know what I said and I know why I said it. You can go back to the "cost of production" thread and see multiple cases where you tried to put words in my mouth. I corrected you by showing you the error in your logic, and then you ignored that and claimed in the end that I lied or twisted my statements. So don't come out here and play the "innocent victim" with me. It doesn't fly. You may not have INTENDED to twist my words, but you did. And the evidence is there in black and white.

Again, for the sake of forum harmony I'll let it go. But in both of those recent threads if you go back and read them you'll see that YOU were the one that came in with fists flying when no one else was. So I'm not picking on you. Quite the contrary. And the tactic you used by going back and pulling up this thread and ignoring the clear tongue in cheek nature of it is ridiculous and shows your true colors. For once again you are twisting after I show you the error in your ways.

If you want to have a REAL discussion then say so. If you just want to "poke the tiger" then don't bother. This forum doesn't need any more of our fighting. I have my opinion and you have yours. I won't comment on your threads and you can withhold comment on mine if you'd prefer. Frankly, I'd prefer it. But ultimately, the choice is yours.

EDIT: For the record, I do not claim innocence. I accept full responsibility for being a pain in the butt. And I apologize to you for my past actions. I will try not to let it happen again. I really do just want a peaceful forum where people can exchange ideas without someone pestering them. So I will not pester you or anyone else.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why this came up now? The first line says: "With gold breaking the $1,200 level" <--- Gold has been fluctuating between $1,100 and $1,200 for quite a long time now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread