Silver and Mfgs Confusion

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver and Mfg's Confusion

What on earth is going on with China and other countries and panel building companies saying they are not going to be ordering, or building, the thermal or electrical producing panels? Tons of silver used in them.

First China said they are cutting back to almost nothing producing the panels because they don't work as well as expected. And, orders have dropped. The ones they now planned on producing use more silicon than silver. Believe the real reason was because their customers were no longer getting Government Funding for the panels. Then today, I read China is going to produce a gazillion panels for use all over the world and will be using tons of silver. Say what?

More confusion. Several large African nations reported they are no longer buying these panels for power 'cause they don't work as advertised. Now, again today, a business radio report said Africa will probably be the largest customer for these panels. Can't produce them fast enough to keep up with demand.

No wonder it's impossible to keep up with the price of silver. Don't know the exact percentage of silver used in these things, but it's a lot. I'm sure that fact is used in silver spot predictions.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
What on earth is going on with China and other countries and panel building companies saying they are not going to be ordering, or building, the thermal or electrical producing panels? Tons of silver used in them.

First China said they are cutting back to almost nothing producing the panels because they don't work as well as expected. And, orders have dropped. The ones they now planned on producing use more silicon than silver. Believe the real reason was because their customers were no longer getting Government Funding for the panels. Then today, I read China is going to produce a gazillion panels for use all over the world and will be using tons of silver. Say what?

More confusion. Several large African nations reported they are no longer buying these panels for power 'cause they don't work as advertised. Now, again today, a business radio report said Africa will probably be the largest customer for these panels. Can't produce them fast enough to keep up with demand.

No wonder it's impossible to keep up with the price of silver. Don't know the exact percentage of silver used in these things, but it's a lot. I'm sure that fact is used in silver spot predictions.

That's an interesting post... I just assume it's going to keep going up (the use of solar panels) as more are made price will drop on them and then it'll be eaten up by homeowners who don't want to pay a ton. Hopefully silver goes up along with production!
Happy stacking
Wicka

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an interesting post... I just assume it's going to keep going up (the use of solar panels) as more are made price will drop on them and then it'll be eaten up by homeowners who don't want to pay a ton. Hopefully silver goes up along with production!
Happy stacking
Wicka

I wouldn't count on it. How much is really used to make solar panels? Maybe 1% of silver. I'm just guessing but I don't think manufacturing has anything really to do with it's price. However if a factory comes out and says their silver-built solar panels are hot the price might go up temporarily. Silver prices are all just speculation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread