Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Jim, I bought a couple of coils for my XP Deus. I need to start getting out again and take my mind off the Manipulation. Lol I also just bought 4 rolls of quarters a couple of days ago just before the smack down. Lol O! Well can't win them all but I'll still be looking for deals.
Congrats on your rolls of Kennedy's and not a bad price. Charlie

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My business account makes me transfer $100 a month into savings, which I promptly withdraw and buy silver or gold. Lately I've kicked it up a notch and have been buying 1/10oz gold eagles.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My last purchase was a couple weeks ago, a few OPM rounds and a few of the latest silver Zombucks. Everythings kind of stagnant right now price wise, but my wallet's starting to itch again...:laughing7:

Nice buy on the halves Jim.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read an article where the author listed the new way to invest in the stock market in these perilous days in a "Pick and Choose" tactic he called "Rattlesnake Investing". Being raised in West Texas, that approach comes almost naturally...... I'm collecting/investing in brass and copper and buying silver....

Last week, I took apart our second submergible well pump that went bad and pulled out 10 years ago. Got 13 lbs. of brass from the pump end and 2 lbs. of #1 copper from its motor. Went to a garage sale Saturday morning and for $8, I bought a single brass light fixture that had 18lbs of yellow brass in it....but usually yellow brass is found in decorative cast pieces and from old water faucets I pick up at estate sales.... It makes for extra dollars two or three times a year... :angel3:
Yellow Brass is currently selling for $2 a lb. I took 92 lbs. of yellow brass and 50 lbs. of #1 & #2 copper that sells for $3.00 & $2.85/lb., and the other aluminum/copper oil cooler I picked up on the side of the road going in for a haircut......For a cost average of .20 cents on the dollar to buy the scrap brass at garage sales....

I brought home $335.84 from the scrap yard. Couple that with scrap money from last September, and I had enough to buy some silver. Makes the .20-cents of retirement budget money really stretch when on Saturday afternoon, I bought twenty 1 oz. ASE's at $27 each....

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read an article where the author listed the new way to invest in the stock market in these perilous days in a "Pick and Choose" tactic he called "Rattlesnake Investing". Being raised in West Texas, that approach comes almost naturally...... I'm collecting/investing in brass and copper and buying silver....

Last week, I took apart our second submergible well pump that went bad and pulled out 10 years ago. Got 13 lbs. of brass from the pump end and 2 lbs. of #1 copper from its motor. Went to a garage sale Saturday morning and for $8, I bought a single brass light fixture that had 18lbs of yellow brass in it....but usually yellow brass is found in decorative cast pieces and from old water faucets I pick up at estate sales.... It makes for extra dollars two or three times a year... :angel3:
Yellow Brass is currently selling for $2 a lb. I took 92 lbs. of yellow brass and 50 lbs. of #1 & #2 copper that sells for $3.00 & $2.85/lb., and the other aluminum/copper oil cooler I picked up on the side of the road going in for a haircut......For a cost average of .20 cents on the dollar to buy the scrap brass at garage sales....

I brought home $335.84 from the scrap yard. Couple that with scrap money from last September, and I had enough to buy some silver. Makes the .20-cents of retirement budget money really stretch when on Saturday afternoon, I bought twenty 1 oz. ASE's at $27 each....

Congrats! That's a nice haul!

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I grabbed a roll of 2011 ASE's today. Awesome looking coins.

I feel like silver is getting ready to take off again. Hopefully before Christmas!

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
This week I bought 4 quarter oz. AGE's and a roll of silver Washingtons (17X).

I didn't mind the circulated price on the silver quarters as I was able to fill 3 more holes in the folder, (10 left to go for the complete series).

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm on hold right now as I will be owing Uncle Sam around $15 grand this year for taxes. So I have to make every penny count when I buy again. I may just buy with Uncle Sam's money if I see the price rising and try and make a little profit. Lol

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well I'm on hold right now as I will be owing Uncle Sam around $15 grand this year for taxes. So I have to make every penny count when I buy again. I may just buy with Uncle Sam's money if I see the price rising and try and make a little profit. Lol

None of this corresponds very well with our earlier discussions.
Seems I was right all along.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I may buy some more silver tomorrow. I don't feel bad buying when I can afford to at these levels, even if the price does drop more from here (which would not last too long I believe).

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may buy some more silver tomorrow. I don't feel bad buying when I can afford to at these levels, even if the price does drop more from here (which would not last too long I believe).

Jim

Wish I could also Jim as there are some great deals out there but alas I made to much Fiat this year that Uncle Sam is knocking on my door. I Owe! I Owe! Lol

Charlie

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Wish I could also Jim as there are some great deals out there but alas I made to much Fiat this year that Uncle Sam is knocking on my door. I Owe! I Owe! Lol

Charlie

Charlie,

I know you will find a way to keep stacking. Maybe you can sell some more houses soon so you can get some more PMs.:thumbsup:

I picked up some more AU/BU 90% Kennedys today for 16x. At that price the premium is about the same as I would pay for generic rounds and I like the nice halves much better.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,

I know you will find a way to keep stacking. Maybe you can sell some more houses soon so you can get some more PMs.:thumbsup:

I picked up some more AU/BU 90% Kennedys today for 16x. At that price the premium is about the same as I would pay for generic rounds and I like the nice halves much better.

Jim

Yea Jim, some good deals out there and yes I'll find a way to keep stacking.:laughing9: Charlie

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought 2 one ounce sunshine mints rounds and a roll of war nickels

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wanting to get another roll of ASE's. But it may be a month or two before I get the chance.

silver seeker

Nov 12, 2013
California
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ordered more silver from provident metals a little over 10oz. a mix of junk 1/2 oz and silver rounds! Im going to be making a SILVER UNBOXING YouTube video!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread