Is anyone interested?

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I asked on another section of treasurenet but I don't think I had the right audience. With the very high premiums on eagles lately I spent some time and figured out how to sell them cheaper than big companies. Apmex sells their random year eagles at $6.25 over spot. I would be able to sell them at $5.85 over spot in increments of 5. Now this is their price for 1-19 eagles so naturally the more you buy the lower the price. I would do this also. Now I am just looking for a group I could rely on to make this worth my time and start up cost. And for the mods I am not breaking any rules because I am not offering to sell anything... just an idea.

OP
OP
B

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so i redid some numbers and i can lower the price to $0.65 under apmex per eagle. After this i would barely be making any profit at all small scale. I'm going to be honest my first goal is to make money and helping t-net members buy at lower prices is an after thought. And i wouldnt be seeing any profit for a month-4 depending on orders. I know that you guys all invest pretty heavily into precious metals so it would be a win for both of us. A yes or no would be appreciated.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you check around you will be able to find Eagles cheaper than Apmex especially from Weak Hands on the Dips. Keep Stacking for Survival not Profit.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep Stacking for Survival not Profit.[/QUOTE]

Lot of folks are going to wish they did!

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I asked on another section of treasurenet but I don't think I had the right audience. With the very high premiums on eagles lately I spent some time and figured out how to sell them cheaper than big companies. Apmex sells their random year eagles at $6.25 over spot. I would be able to sell them at $5.85 over spot in increments of 5. Now this is their price for 1-19 eagles so naturally the more you buy the lower the price. I would do this also. Now I am just looking for a group I could rely on to make this worth my time and start up cost. And for the mods I am not breaking any rules because I am not offering to sell anything... just an idea.

Provident has 2014 silver eagles at spot + 3.50...honestly, this is still a bit high for me as I have seen them go for 1.99 premium.

To have any sort of luck you are going to need to buy at the right time with low premiums in a huge quantity...even then, reselling immediately for premium increase based profits will likely be more hassle than the minuscule amount of money you make off the deal will be worth.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Saving 65 cents per ounce but taking HUGE risks buying from some unknown and potentially questionable source is insane. Unless you are going to buy hundreds of ounces, whether you paid 20.00 per ounce or 20.65 per ounce isn't going to matter one bit to most of us when we finally go so sell. No offense, but I don't know anything about you. Why would I buy from some unknown guy on the Internet just to save 65 cents an ounce?

And as SilverHoarder pointed out, you will really need to hit the timing just right or else you are going to be taking a huge risk yourself for what is potentially a very small gain. Places like APMEX and Provident move TONS of PM's and are in it for the long haul. If they buy a huge quantity at 20.00 and then see the price drop to 19.00 overnight it isn't going to put them out of business. But for you it kills any chance of you making a profit. And despite the fact that most people on this site are still hopeful that the price is once again "about to turn around", the fact is that the trend has been steadily down for going on three years. There is no reason to believe that is going to change any time soon. If the price had been steadily increasing then it would be a different story. But the trend is down. So timing will be especially important unless you want to be left holding the bag.

Good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are violating our rules you are asking members if they are interested in buying......Only CM can sell and members can not use TN to raise funds or request donations....

"You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization."

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best answer is to fork out the Charter Member fee, then you have full advertising rights...I would recommend generic rounds vs ASE....cheaper startup and easier to lock in during a dip in price (mon am silver off enough to cover fabrication costs) CME will sell a 1000 oz contract at market. Great Country.........good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions