Will silver rally early in 2014? Predictions for 2015?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at charts of the past three years you can see that silver rose in the first three to four months of the year and then took a huge hit for the next three to four months. Silver seems to be on a four month pattern right now. Looking at those historical charts you can break each year into thirds to see the basic movement. Up-down-(something). For 2011 and 2013 it was up-down-down. And for 2012 it was up-down-up.

I know that past performance is no guarantee of future results. But do you think this pattern will play out again? If so, will we see up-down-down or up-down-up?

I'm going out on a limb and making another prediction. I have already made a prediction that silver and gold will be $16 and $900 on Jan 1st, 2015. In keeping with that prediction I am going to predict that we will see the up-down-down pattern again this year (that's the only way my first prediction can hold true).

So I think we will see silver rise by up to two dollars for the first three to four months of the year up to around $22. Then I think it will get slammed around the April time frame and will eventually lose $4 back to around $18. Finally, around September, it will go up a bit at first but will eventually lose another $2 and fall to around $16 just in time to meet my prediction.

Or..... it will do none of those things and go straight to the moon. Who knows?

Anyone else want to go on record with a prediction for 2015? Don't worry, no one will hold you to it. I'm already prepared to eat some yummy crow on Jan 1st, 2015 since I'm getting worried that we won't make it down to $16 by then (if ever). :)

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At least like the rest of them your covering your ass. :laughing9::laughing9: Me, I see it going up pretty sharply next month or before. Keep Stacking, I put my Fiat were my mouth is. LMAO

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It is gearing up now for another up leg. How far nobody knows. If it breaks 22-23 it will go to 26-27. If it breaks there it will go to 35 or so. If it breaks there I see a test of 48. If it breaks there look out.

PS I like buying at these prices so I am not complaining either way. Got some impaired silver Maples recently for a buck or so over spot. Still in the original tubes and perfect but for milk spots. Buying at the cost or so of production to mine and fabricate the stuff seems like a great bet to me.

Just my opinion.

Jim

OP
OP
T

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At least like the rest of them your covering your ass. :laughing9::laughing9: Me, I see it going up pretty sharply next month or before. Keep Stacking, I put my Fiat were my mouth is. LMAO

If you look back at my predictions you will see that I have always covered my ass. Why? Because just like the rest of them I have no idea what I'm talking about. Just all guesses and speculation. :)

I guess I'm getting nervous about my $16 prediction. Like you and Jim I think we will be headed up for a while. Depending on how far it goes up my prediction could be in trouble. Calling a bottom is very difficult and the longer it takes the less likely it is that we will see $16.

Time will tell I guess. I believe these next four months will be very critical to the turnaround.

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy Low = Sell High But always remember " Bulls make money , Bears make money , Pigs get slaughtered ! "

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this bull stock market is going to turn around in the next month or so (not crash, just slowly drop for a few months) and that'll push PM prices up a few dollars. After that, PM prices will come down a dollar or two and then go sideways. So.... I'm going with: Up to $26-$28, down to $23-$25, and staying in that range till 2015. I'm just guessing. I really have no idea!

OP
OP
T

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's my prediction Lol

Well you've definitely gone out on a limb in many ways.... losing the red hair for one, and calling this as the year that it all hits the fan. You could very well be right. And as you said, it's good to be prepared either way.

I've always liked the LDS starter kits as a very cheap means of getting bulk food that will last many, many years. But that is a bit off topic I guess. ;)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this bull stock market is going to turn around in the next month or so (not crash, just slowly drop for a few months) and that'll push PM prices up a few dollars. After that, PM prices will come down a dollar or two and then go sideways. So.... I'm going with: Up to $26-$28, down to $23-$25, and staying in that range till 2015. I'm just guessing. I really have no idea!

Excellent post my friend!

Now, my two zinc cents worth!

I believe each and every family should hold at least $100 face value small denomination silver coins (a lot less likely to be counterfeited) at all times, not as an investment, and not for trading. Any investment above that should be at your own discretion, but keep that minimum $100 face secure.

Stock up on food, water, stock a bug out bag - a very inexpensive thing to do. Think about a plan if things do go wrong - and be prepared. At least do something. Even if the nation keeps going, you have a little bit of security. Our paper fiats - have some of that stored away as well - in your possession and not the bank's - look at Greece and the Cypriots, the banks give them an allowance - and took the rest.....

I was in a candy store Friday evening - they had buckets of emergency foods! I've been doing a little stocking already. On impulse I bought one of those buckets! Worst case - it's food I can eat 20 years in the future :)

I fully believe Marchas45 is right here. And I fully believe silver is going up again - if for no reason but the cycle. It's a good time to start stacking :)

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
I'll chime in and go out on a limb and tell you that it's all about foreign demand. Forget what happens here with silver. A price of around 22.50 would be very strong by end of February. By march and April it will come down back to 19.75. Your right about the up and down trend but lady few years that has been made possible by a roller coaster White House and people buying physical silver. Worst thing for any of us holding large silver reserves like myself would be a stable White House and confidence in a new president. Silver will never be guided by supply again. There is plenty. Hence the price. I'm hoping for some serious and destabilizing jobs reports and looking at just what countries ex. China India. Who are buying physical silver. Forget paper silver investments all of those are down 30% min. I'm holding back on selling 10000 ounces of physical and dumping any paper holdings I have now. Watch the banks. Moody's chase. Their buying physical.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
If we can close above 22 today, I believe we will be heading to 25 in the next few weeks or less. This is a key area where we are now.

PS Picked up a bit of SPXU late last week, so I guess that means the stocks will rally (I tend to be an inverse indicator, just like when I buy silver). LOL!

Jim

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a bit of SPXU late last week, so I guess that means the stocks will rally (I tend to be an inverse indicator, just like when I buy silver). LOL!

I know the feeling. I have friends that do quite well following the "Contra-Coin Kid" investment approach.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what silver prices will be in the short term but I am completely confident pm prices are going much much higher in the long term. The catalyst is going to be rising interest rates. That will trigger a chain of events that will include a collapse in the US dollar and US treasuries and an explosion in pm prices as the dollar loses its status as the worlds reserve currency. And it seems the reality of the bitcoin Ponzi scheme is becoming quite evident. Bitcoins are just another form of fiat money. Anyone who has made money gambling with bitcoins and is lucky enough to sell before prices completely collapse should consider themselves one of the lucky ones. There has never been a viable substitute for gold and silver as real money (which has a real store of value) and there never will be. Fiat money of any kind has never worked throughout history and it never will.

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Looks as though the big boys are pushing options on silver for short term profits. Making it very hard for the small investors in physical to get a bead on a buy or sell day. I'm buying 300 ounces in morning but if it comes in down I'll wait. Bit coin is a perfect example of getting something worth nothing. A good experiment at best. A fraud and criminal at worst. Seeing no middle ground in bit coin. Lol. If it were backed by something tangible. For example. A board were they post purchases of stock or commodity with all the holdings and take a poll amongst users based on their deposits and at least then the holders of this new wave currency would at least feel if there was something backing there virtual cash. And who knows maybe they influence a company to be the next apple or Microsoft. Innovation is money. A coded piece of paper is fancy hocus pocus just begging for one man to profit at. Gotta love the stupidity of Ponzi schemes. Why does it take so long to see them??? Hahaha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread